Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Don't leave home without it...

your porta-chet project. I'm going to put some yarn and a J hook in the car and keep it there for those times...often unexpected...when I have to wait.When I'm out shopping with my daughter it seems she takes forever. I get really antsy just waiting. If I had a crochet project I wouldn't be so grumpy about the long wait
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ooh-lalah View Post
    your porta-chet project. I'm going to put some yarn and a J hook in the car and keep it there for those times...often unexpected...when I have to wait.When I'm out shopping with my daughter it seems she takes forever. I get really antsy just waiting. If I had a crochet project I wouldn't be so grumpy about the long wait
    In a Zip-Lok bag you can keep a small project, yarn and hook. Most often, I have pot holders ready to go. If you use a big purse, that won't take up much room. If not, have it handy to grab on your way out the door. Those waiting times often come when we least expect them, as you said. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup! That's what I do too! I keep a tote bag with my current project ready "to go" all the time!
    This morning I had a dentist appointment and took my latest scarf project with me to work
    on while I sat in the waiting room. And when I am a passenger in someone else's car I take my
    crochet with me too! I've gotten a lot of work done that way that would otherwise have been
    wasted time.

4. Likes cybarra liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a little tote bag and just pop in whatever project I am working on, unless it is too big. Since I have multiple projects going at the same time, there is always something to take.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the bag big enough for a skein of yarn and a crochet hook to make a pot holder. My hubby always want to know why I have it but I can sit and crochet. He sits there and goes to sleep. Right now I am making an afghan that starts out with 13 tiny squares and I can do them. Margaret

7. Likes cybarra liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I always have a project to take with me anytime! It's nice to have while waiting at dr. office, waiting for older sons to get out of college classes, going on 1 hour drives to see parents or whatever else! I have a bag I got from dollar store vinyl, with some designs on it, plus 1 I got from Wal- Mart for $4 with zipper n extra pocket! I like the .99 cent store bags, they have many different sizes! I agree a very great idea! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

9. Likes cybarra liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the same thing, usually the project I'm making at the time. I can't stand to just sit and wait. Hubby falls asleep. What is it about men that they can fall asleep at the drop of a dime? I should be so lucky to sleep like that. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Like the rest of you, I always have a project going that I leave in the car as well as yarn to start a second one. I make crochet items for my fall craft shows so I keep an old eyeglass case in the glove box with duplicates of all the possible crochet hooks that I might need along with a piece of paper with the basic info and directions for each project. (Those of you younger gals will understand the need for the directions some day yourself!) Then if I have some more time after I finish up an item, I can always start another one without wasting any valuable car time.

12. Likes billieconrad, ms1985 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a chuckle out of your comment about having directions handy, Sweet Sue! How often I am about to make something I've done many times before and have to go back to check the directions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to keep something rather small and easy in a bag that I can grab when I get ready to leave the house. Right now it is squares for an afghan. When I know I am going to be on a long trip I plan some crochet to take. My reading material is easier now that I have a Kindle to take...that leaves more room for yarn...