Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes i will admit i am bragging this time!

This is gonna be 2 pictures for comparison. One is a gag picture my son posted on Facebook and the other one.... my 12 year old grandson drew this Sunday from looking at it on my desktop picture on my computer while the rest of us were watching the SuperBowl (that's a first for me as I don't care for football that much). I did enjoy it tho, having my family all around me and snacking on chips and dip, grapes and Pepsi and Root Beer, cookies and tangerines and even a little candy!
    He brought it in and showed us and I know my mouth fell open a mile wide! I couldn't believe he hadn't traced it. I know he didn't trace it because we laid it over the picture on the computer and it is not exactly the same size! But just look ! Wouldn't his great grandpa be so proud that his talent has trickled down to his great grandsons and granddaughter. ! She is only 7 and she brought me one that she had done ( I didn't get a copy of it) It was beautiful and looks just like an abstract drawing with shading and all. They asked me why my pictures looked so good and I told them about how I shade my drawings and they really went to town on that! They did great! All 4 of them.!
    I went to the computer room and brought out 2 more sketch books for the 2 that didn't have one of their own and gave them each one of the pads. I told them to write their names one them and don't tear out your pages and remember to write the date ( at least the year) on the bottom of their drawings. Then they can keep them till they are old like me and see what they drew when they were still little kids. I saw the date on one of mine that is 1947 when I was only 16 years old. I can see the progress I have made over the years. I think I have earned the right to brag on my grandkids!XOXOXOXO! redhead/PattyYes i will admit i am bragging this time!-craft-pics-photo-album-012-jpgYes i will admit i am bragging this time!-john-003-ugly-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is a cool picture. Definitely talented. And you should brag!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    BRAG you should stand and we'll clap for you and those 4 kids. WOW its Great and did you cry??????? Bet soooooo. I would love to see that first drawing but supose thats kinda hard and private. We all here speaking for them hehe , were so proud to say we know that Artist. Your grandson is taking a big step in your shoes????? Thanks for showing it to us, HUGS, Susan MJ

4. Likes amanda, cybarra, dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is pretty incredible for someone so young! I am sure with time and practice, you will have a great artist on your hands someday

Loving someone is accepting them for everything they are, and everything they are not.

6. Likes cybarra liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, you have a right to be prowd. Give them all the encouragement you can. I have a grand daughter that is very talented and does all kinds of art. Most was with pencil . She had plans to go on to college. But she met a very nice young man and college was forgotten. They are getting married in April. A lot of her pictures won state contests . She still does some different things.

8. Likes cybarra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It s amazing!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes indeed, you definetely have bragging rights! This is a terrific drawing - you have a budding artist in your family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Grandson has a lot of Talent!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You have the right to brag! He did a great job!!

Post Thanks / Like
    very good job