Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Laugh if you must -- I fail to see the humor

I was seaming a piece of my afghan to the other two pieces but had the seam on the top side instead of bottom. As I was cutting the seam threads, I accidentally cut the yarn on the piece I was seaming. Uh-oh! So I threw it away (6" square) and made another one. I made double sure I attached it properly...lesson learned.

On another occasion a couple years ago, I was using a rotary cutter with a ruler as a guide, to trim the ends of fringe. Well guess what? I used the wrong side of my ruler guide and lopped off all the fringe! Yeah, I guess that's funny
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but that is funny. To me, lol. I did something dumb when I was sewing a fancy dress for a granddaughter. It had big, puffed set in sleeves. It is a real pain to adjust the gathers, pin it all the way around, and sew all that material into the small sleeve opening. Then you have to double stitch it again, and then trim the seam. Success, I thought. Wrong, I had put the darn sleeve in Wrong Side Out. Grrrr.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    that happens to us all And it is only funny depending on your mood. good luck thanks for sharing

4. Likes amanda, billiebob, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That must have been frustrating for you, at the time! Thankfully you were able to salvage the blanket!

6. Likes amanda, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    buggainok, that sounds like something I would do. LOL And no it isn't funny at the time, but years later you can look back an laugh at it.

8. Likes amanda, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya, didn't laugh then (maybe just a chuckle) but when I first stared sewing, I was making scrubs for work.. I thought I was short a sleeve and proceeded to cut another one out from the front of the shirt...Yikes.. Now after all of those years, I can finally laugh.. LOL

10. Likes amanda, MeerKat, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did exactly what you did and sewed it the wrong way cut it and then ended up throwing away the entire afghan and will never again do a mile a minute afghan. I counted each and every stitch and row and it still didn't come out right and I threw the whole thing out and made an entirely different afghan. That wasn't funny at the time and then it was. Who cares anyways, it's done and over with now!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha Betty Lynn
    Quote Originally Posted by ooh-lalah View Post
    I was seaming a piece of my afghan to the other two pieces but had the seam on the top side instead of bottom. As I was cutting the seam threads, I accidentally cut the yarn on the piece I was seaming. Uh-oh! So I threw it away (6" square) and made another one. I made double sure I attached it properly...lesson learned.

On another occasion a couple years ago, I was using a rotary cutter with a ruler as a guide, to trim the ends of fringe. Well guess what? I used the wrong side of my ruler guide and lopped off all the fringe! Yeah, I guess that's funny

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    we all make mistakes... the best thing to do is learn to laugh about them because we are bound to make a bigger mistake down the road...

i made a beautiful black flowered skirt once and was hemming it when my neighbor came over and announced i had made it with the flowers upside down... i wore it anyway but i never made an outfit after having a vodka cooler ever again... lol

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nettielou View Post
    we all make mistakes... the best thing to do is learn to laugh about them because we are bound to make a bigger mistake down the road...

i made a beautiful black flowered skirt once and was hemming it when my neighbor came over and announced i had made it with the flowers upside down... i wore it anyway but i never made an outfit after having a vodka cooler ever again... lol
    LOL Now that's funny

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope no one gets hurt feelings from this but I've had so much "experience" with doing things wrong that I can hardly stop laughing....truly, I am laughing with you. I surely understand how discovering you've made something wrong or made a mistake is not funny at first....but as all determined crafters, creators and yarn lovers learn, eventually you laugh at what you've done and are much better for that. Is frogging again and again fun? probably not, but we all learn and get through it.....I have messed up sewing projects, beading projects, knitting, crocheting, paper crafting, etc. ... swearing that I'll never make another thing, but here I am, still plugging away ....eventually I work on something that goes just right the first time and I just look up and say a THANK YOU to the man upstairs (and no, no one is in the attic) for giving me an easy time of it this time. Love ya all. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

16. Likes N/A, MeerKat, teresah liked this post