Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I have just found this site - lucky me!

Hello everyone

I live in South Australia and chanced upon this site while trying to find a pattern to crochet socks and booties with patterned sock wool. Like most of you I enjoy most textile crafts - crocheting, hand knitting, machine knitting, stretch sewing and cross stitch. I am looking forward to being part of this community.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Crochet Talk! I too, enjoy crocheting, hand knitting and sewing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks - I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is doing - crochet is so interesting and addictive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from USA (Minnesota) I love crocheting, loom knitting, sew, etc. I love collecting patterns to. How's the weather in Beautiful Australia?? HUGS --- Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    Welcome from USA (Minnesota) I love crocheting, loom knitting, sew, etc. I love collecting patterns to. How's the weather in Beautiful Australia?? HUGS --- Susan MJ
    Hi Susan - thanks for your note. It is VERY HOT here at present - everyone is sweltering. Here in Adelaide we have two days of 42C plus then a slight change for a week in the high 30s. Fingers crossed there are no nasty bushfires during this time. I have just finished a bolero in brown cotton (so many people comment on my purple one so I decided to make another). I am about to crochet a sock for myself in sockweight yarn - 4ply here in Australia with a 3.00mm hook. I have knitted a lot of socks but this is my first crochet effort - I hope the ridges do not feel uncomfortable. I would love to hear what you are doing - Jill

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its central tgime here in Minnesota where I live NOW its 11:45pm allmost midnight. Past Bed time. Tomorrow I will chat. You must do nice work, sock arnt they hard??. HUGS from a tired Old gal hehe Im a wild old gal. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I am Larisa doily maker. Do you crochet doileis?
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    Its central tgime here in Minnesota where I live NOW its 11:45pm allmost midnight. Past Bed time. Tomorrow I will chat. You must do nice work, sock arnt they hard??. HUGS from a tired Old gal hehe Im a wild old gal. Susan MJ
    It is evening here in Adelaide and the temperature has dropped to 36C - time to do the watering. Socks are easy on the knitting machine and look really pretty in patterning yarn. I have just finished a pair where I joined up little bits of all my left over sock yarns and made a multicoloured pair. I am going to use the leftovers to crochet my first sock. Best wishes - Jill

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hi there! I am Larisa doily maker. Do you crochet doileis?
    Hi Larisa - yes, I have made a few doilies in fine yarn and a few in thicker yarn as well. I recently made a Barbie doll outfit from fine crochet cotton - that was when I finally learned how to follow a diagram. Prior to that I needed written instructions. Best wishes, Jill

Post Thanks / Like
    hi there! Do you have freeze in your winter? I live in the South and 35-40 C in summer and -20 C in winter. I am working on pink tablecloth... Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן