Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Is this clear?

Post Thanks / Like

Is this clear?

I'm in the process of writing an e-book of my favorite crochet tips 'n tricks, or just put it on my blog when I start one. I'm going with the idea that not everyone knows what dc 2 tog is, so here's my explanation and I want to find out if it's clearly written and if not, how would it be more clear?

Another gap eliminator is to start the row with a ch 2, then in first st, yo, pull up a loop, yo, pull through both loops, yo and pull up a loop from next st., yarn over and pull through both loops, yo and pull through all 3 loops . You’ve just finished a dc 2 together. You still end up with two stitches and no gap.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could help but I am not English speaking
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good to me. I don't see how you could make it any better. I love the idea of "NO GAP"!!!! Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds clear to me and easy to follow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your feedback.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

6. Likes meki1231, Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually a dc2tog is used to decrease the number of stitches. In some dc2 tog, you only chain one at the beg. or end of a row, and if it's done on several following rows, it will make the item become more narrow, such as if one wants a little waist shaping in a sweater.
    I'm making an afghan in a wheel pattern, and it consists of one row of dc7together, with sc's in between. This makes the 'bottom' of the wheel. It's tricky not to 'lose' a few stitches when you've got 6 or 7 loops on your hook at the same time.
    FWIW, your instructions are clear to me. Sometimes I read pattern instructions several times before I am sure of what I'm supposed to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your instructions are great! I think its wonderful that you are writing a crochet e-book! Please let us know when it's ready.