Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help with understanding a pattern instruction

I am working on a sweater that is in the February/March edition of Crochet Today. I am stuck on instructions in the right front and on the sleeves:
    Left front-shaping Raglan Armhole and Neck--Rows 18-23 reads Continue in sc/dc pattern dec 1 st each Neck edge [B]Only [B]every row 4 times more.
    I am not sure what "every row 4 times more" means.

Then in the sleeve there seems to be similar confusing language in Rows 10-27. It reads Continue in sc/dc pattern repeating increase row every 6 rows 3 more times. Again, I am not sure what "every 6 rows 3 more times" means.

Your expertise would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I am not sure I'm qualified to answer your question, but here's how I would interpret it:

by "every row 4 times more", I would: continue in the pattern and dec 1 st on the next 4 rows.

by "every 6 rows 3 more times", I would: (work 5 rows and repeat the increase on the next row) 3 times, meaning do what is enclosed in brackets
    ( ) 3 times.

If no one else responds, then I hope this helps you. :-)

Danewfie

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds good Danefie as it sound right to me. id have to read it again?? I have neverdone a sweater so maybe some one who has will see this soon?? Patience is Golden !! HUGS

Post Thanks / Like
    ....and a virtue, which we crocheters have! Take your time, and don't worry - mistakes can be unravelled and done over until we get it right!
    Have fun, and good luck! Hugs back.

6. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to everyone who replied. A different eye on the topic always helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Most welcome!