Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Post Thanks / Like

please help identify dishes from childhood

I am trying to identify the dishes my grandparents had at their cottage in the 1960's. They were the colours of "fiestaware" and were similar, but I don't think they had the distinctive raised rings around the plates and the juice pitcher was nothing like the fiestaware shape. They were plain, other than the bright colours. The juice jug was "curvy" with the top opening similar to the "Russel Wright" jugs.
    I would love to find a few pieces as they remind me of times spent with my grandparents! I have tried google and pinterest but so far haven't had any success. Any suggestions of what to try next in my search?
    Thanks
    Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Karen, you could try looking in antique shops for them. Also, your local library may have a book on collectibles...

3. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey karenletlas have you tried ebay they have some antiques--hope you. Find what you are looking for

5. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a firm believer in yard sales to find odd old things

7. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Karen, Do you have any of it? I was wondering if there is an emblem or name on the bottom of it. This would help in finding out the name and locating any of it. Margaret

9. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    Karen, Do you have any of it? I was wondering if there is an emblem or name on the bottom of it. This would help in finding out the name and locating any of it. Margaret
    Sadly I don't know of any surviving pieces. I remember bright solid colours, yellow, green, orangy/red and blue I think. They were fairly plain, no ridges etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catbalou View Post
    I'm a firm believer in yard sales to find odd old things
    I will definitely be yardsaling this summer and will check out second hand and antique stores in my area once we are no longer snowed in!

Post Thanks / Like
    could the dishes be Riviera Pottery? or Hall, Franciscans, I jet searched dishes from the 1940's click on images there are a lot that would fit your description.

13. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like it could be California Pottery, or Pacific Pottery. I love the feeling that comes from finding something from my childhood at the flea market that is now considered collectible or valuable. Good luck in your search.

15. Likes karenlatlas, catbalou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    A facebook site called Dust Old Thing may be able to help. They deal in antiques.

17. Likes karenlatlas liked this post