Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: crocheter

Post Thanks / Like

crocheter

good afternoon;

I am new to this hopefully I will get the hang and be on as much as I can. I have a question and I need an answer. I love crocheting and I love to use a k hook for all of my afghans I make for the elderly in my church and for friends. I have a pattern called for a g hook and 48 ounces of yarn. I need to learn how to convert the ounces with the hook I will be using. thank you all and enjoy your afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I do not know answer to your question, I make doilies from #30 use hook 0.7 mm
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Crochet Talk! Here is a website that should help you with yarn conversions: Standards and Guidelines for Crochet and Knitting |

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and I see you've been given a Link. If this does not help ask us ?? Interested on how your doing. Please chat again soon.
    Your friend, Susan Mj

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Nice to meet you and glad you joined us! Please make yourself at home, take some time to look around, and also let us know if you need help with anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    If your pattern has a guage on it (number of rows and stitches that make a certain number of inches) you might make a swatch, measure it and then unravel to see how much you used... most yarns have a length as well as an ounce measurement...that might give you an estimate of how much you would need.
    Quote Originally Posted by coopers View Post
    good afternoon;

I am new to this hopefully I will get the hang and be on as much as I can. I have a question and I need an answer. I love crocheting and I love to use a k hook for all of my afghans I make for the elderly in my church and for friends. I have a pattern called for a g hook and 48 ounces of yarn. I need to learn how to convert the ounces with the hook I will be using. thank you all and enjoy your afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think making the swatch might be a way to figure this out but guess you would have to make one with the G hook they say to use see if it is the size they tell you, and then make one with your K hook, make them the same size, then unravel your K one to see how much yarn was used. Seems as if using the K hook all the time would make things loose.