Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Sharing!

First, I have to figure out this photo thingy again. ... I think I've got it.

My sister is planning to move to Ohio during this coming year and she is worried about cold weather. I really have no reason to make a habit of crocheting or knitting very much in the way of cold-weather things but now with her moving there I can make things for her. I'll dearly miss her but I'm also glad to have someone to make shawls, scarves and hats for her to wear in those frigid winters y'all have in northern Ohio by that Great Lake.

I had bought this pattern leaflet about 4 years ago. I saw it in a catalog and thought it was really pretty. I made one for my sister using Simply Soft Paints in the Oceana colorway.

She told me the other night that not only can she use it to keep her neck warm but she can put it on her head, covering her ears, with the lotus tails at the back of her head! What a clever idea she had!

Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of it but here's the next best thing. An attachment and a link for it online. It's a download-only pattern and I think it's $6.95.

Sharing!-lotus-scarf-neckwarmers-jpg

Well, I didn't manage to get the link in this post.
    Last edited by Poinciana; 01-22-2014 at 09:42 AM.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes she must have warm clothes and the scarf / neckwarmer is one Ive seen I may have it in BookMark . Sorry your sister is
    moving but you have internet,iphone etc. Thanks for sharing. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, you're a sweet lady.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

4. Likes catbalou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I clipped this neckwarmer/scraflette from the newspapers so many, many years ago. I think it was called English neck warmer. My daughter has knit many of them for gifts. The pattern I have is the one on the right. The other one is the same but with a different stitch.
    Last edited by mamarose22; 03-13-2014 at 07:31 AM.

6. Likes Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty scarf! Your sister will certainly appreciate all of the crocheted and knitted items that she will receive from you!

8. Likes Poinciana, blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is some sites with simular patterns,

https://www.google.com/#q=Lotus+Scarf+Neckwarmers

10. Likes Poinciana, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had been looking for this crochet version. Thank you.

12. Likes Poinciana liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Like you neck warmers, I've done one but with the pineapple on the ends

14. Likes Poinciana liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Poinciana,

Wish I were your sister! I live in Cincinnati, OH. and it is frigid COLD here!!! Your Sis will love getting your warm neck warmers. My sister lives in Florida too. You're a wonderful Sister!!

Hugs, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    First, I have to figure out this photo thingy again. ... I think I've got it.

My sister is planning to move to Ohio during this coming year and she is worried about cold weather. I really have no reason to make a habit of crocheting or knitting very much in the way of cold-weather things but now with her moving there I can make things for her. I'll dearly miss her but I'm also glad to have someone to make shawls, scarves and hats for her to wear in those frigid winters y'all have in northern Ohio by that Great Lake.

I had bought this pattern leaflet about 4 years ago. I saw it in a catalog and thought it was really pretty. I made one for my sister using Simply Soft Paints in the Oceana colorway.

She told me the other night that not only can she use it to keep her neck warm but she can put it on her head, covering her ears, with the lotus tails at the back of her head! What a clever idea she had!

Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of it but here's the next best thing. An attachment and a link for it online. It's a download-only pattern and I think it's $6.95.

Sharing!-lotus-scarf-neckwarmers-jpg

Well, I didn't manage to get the link in this post.

16. Likes Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use mine the same way, have trouble wearing it as a neck piece as it is generally too tight once my coat is zipped up

18. Likes Poinciana liked this post