Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the most difficult crochet or knitting stitch you have learned?

Some of us have difficulty with specific stitches when it comes to crocheting and knitting. What has been your most difficult stitch to learn?

Are you still working on mastering it? Or, have you become comfortable with it over time?

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned the basic afghan stitch.. it is not all that hard to do. The hook is almost more intimidating then the stitch. I learned it for a christmas gift and after a few min and a youtube video I was rocking it. It does feel like it takes forever but that is most likely because I have to make 20 squares and then stitch them all together..

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    the broom stick stitch is the hardest for me to do although I can do it I struggle with it
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Call me lazy, or a chicken, or.... but I don't like to do difficult things at this stage of my life. I like single crochet and double crochet. I've found many, many great items that I can make using these stitches with different patterns and different yarns. If I can't figure it out pretty quickly, I just drop it and move on to something that is easier and fun.

I've had a lot of challenges throughout my life, and got through most of them with my sanity intact. Now, I want to enjoy myself and relax and have a good time, so that's what I try to do.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    my most difficult stitch was Tunisian cables, I love cables and tunisian, but I got it now after weeks of trying yea me!!!! hahahahahahahahah

8. Likes Barbara G., little drummer, BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont like the treble . I am going to tackle it soon this month. Susan M J

10. Likes Barbara G., BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the hardest stitch I learnt was the cable stitch in knitting.

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the trinity stitch would be my choice. It's not that hard to do but it's hard on the fingers - at least it's hard on mine.

15. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Some of us have difficulty with specific stitches when it comes to crocheting and knitting. What has been your most difficult stitch to learn?

Are you still working on mastering it? Or, have you become comfortable with it over time?
    I have had no difficulty with knit or crochet STITCHES per se; but when putting them together in a PATTERN---well, that's a horse of a different color!
    Knitting: There was a neck scarf called "Boxes of Seeds"---seed st in four-st squares that kept going off pattern until I got sick and tired of the froggin' an' cussin' and frogged the whole thing. I made the "Angel Wings" neckpiece instead.
    The "Angel Wings" cabled scarflette was also hard to keep track of. It went like this:
    Knit. count. Knit. Count. Pattern off. tink, tink, tink, re-knit. Re-count. Pattern still off. Frog, frog, cuss, cuss......
    I DID finish it, though.
    Crochet: Not exactly a STITCH problem: I was getting a trapezoid instead of a triangle. The edges kept creeping inward. An expert crocheter on the commuter bus advised me to put a small safety pin in the top of the first st [the turning ch top] so I would not miss it on the next row. Worked like a charm! Thanks to her again!
    Last edited by Dsynr; 01-17-2014 at 08:00 AM. Reason: computer freeze-up

17. Likes Barbara G., little drummer liked this post