Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  113
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you like to learn about organizations in need of crocheted or knitted items?

Many of you like to create items and donate them to a worthy cause. Some may not know, but would like to participate. Please comment here in this section if you would like to learn about organizations in need of crocheted or knitted items. If you have an organization that is one of your favorites, please feel free to share with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't do this for a charity but every year I make a couple of wheel chair wraps and give them to a different retirement home. They are great for someone that is wheel chair bound or for someone that uses a walker. I ask the home to give them to someone that does not have family if possible there always seems to be someone that "it would be perfect for"
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    My items currently go to the hobby club that I am involved with and they distribute as the requests come in. It could be for the Veterans, church outreaches, abused women's shelters, nursing homes, wherever needed at any given time. I am also involved with a prayer shawl ministry in a local church.

Also, animal shelters can also use little pet beds. The current issue of Crochet 1-2-3 featured an article about helping with pet blankets and their website is [url=http://www.comfortforcritters.org]Comfort for Critters[/url]. They also have a list of shelters in states that are supported by them.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I always wanted to make caps for cancer patients, But I read where they won't take them if you have a pet. I have a Pomeranian so I can't make them for them. Does anyone know of a place that will take them even if you have a dog?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in Mpls., MN and will be checking this out. I read all for Ill and now MN. Thank You for the Link HUGS

Post Thanks / Like
    I am with a group called Bennie's Blankets, we meet at the city rec center on Tuesdays and Thursdays (9:00 am to 11:00 am). We crochet and knit items for social services, nursing homes, cancer center, preemies, daycare centers, stockings for soldiers and this past summer, crocheted and knitted Duduza dolls which were sent to Kenya. We are always grateful for donations of yarn or any other related items. I am so glad to be a part of this group, not only for what we are able to donate but I have made so many new friends. Friends that I love to socialize with, one of our fun trips this past September was a trip to Charlottesville to the Paramount Theatre to see Jeanne Robertson. We are looking forward to some new things this summer - a trip to a lavender farm and maybe an alpaca farm. Crocheting and knitting can be a way to meet new friends, learn new things and keep active.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi meki1231 You seem to have found a nice Group to do deeds, socialize and trips WOW. We are a close Family type group and hope you like it here. Susan M j

Post Thanks / Like
    MsBehaven,
    Do you have a particular pattern that you use?
    I could do that locally, without the cost of postage.
    Thank you
    Christine, Indiana

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan MJ, I do like it here very much. I usually spend Fridays with a friend recovering from a stroke. She was also member of the group and we are all praying that she will mend and be able to come back. I always tell her about what I have read and the pictures I have seen of Crochettalk.

Post Thanks / Like
    I send hats to Knots of Love for people with medical hair loss; they also send some to veterans and lately they have started collecting small blankets for isolettes in neonatal intensive care. They have a required yarn list for the hats and also some great patterns available at Knots of Love - Crocheted and knitted caps for chemo patients and others facing life-threatening illnesses and injuries. Knots of Love provides an EXCLUSIVE gift