Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  79
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the most unusual thing you have crocheted or knitted?

I am curious about what is the most unusual thing you have crocheted or knitted? This can be related to the type of project, the color you used, or other possibilities. If you are not sure, you can still let us know that you are not sure you have done anything unusual - maybe tell us what you think would be an unusual project to create (that is family friendly).

Let's have some fun and learn more about each other!

Post Thanks / Like
    I crocheted a dog sleeping pad it was for a beautiful male German Shepard and she wanted it done in stripes of orange and pink. it was so ugly but I made sure as I was crocheting it that I checked with her that it was what she wanted. I even asked her if she was sure she wanted those colors and not something that went with her home colors. The German Shepard was in inside dog and this was going into her beautifully decorated home.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

3. Likes Barbara G., BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The item itself was not too unusual, a lacy, thread book mark with a flower on the end. What was unusual was that my hubby requested it. I had made one for my daughter-in-law, and when he saw it, he said, "Can you make me one like that?" I said, "Even with the flower on the end?" He said, "Yes, I like it."

So I made it - and he loves it!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

5. Likes Barbara G., dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When I use to sew a lot I cut out a dress instead of cutting back and front I. Cut out two fronts and finished the dress before I saw it. Bust line darts in back and front my sister in law loved the dress so she wore it

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I think the name of it was most unusual. When I first learned to crochet, I found a little stuffed animal, well, it was supposed to be but it was called a Widget and more of a rectangular type body. I made it, it was adorable but long since gone.

I did also an unusual Christmas stocking in the shape of a hiking boot, complete with 54 inch red laces, which is virtually impossible to find. Won a third place ribbon at a local fair one year.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for hubby--- Hes a real man. My hubby asks for things Im surprised by.

9. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Years ago I made something very unusual for my uncle (who for most of his life has looked at women as only s_ _ objects). Thank goodness he has outgrown that. He's in his 70's now, has been married to the same woman for probably 20 years and he is very respectful of her (or she'd knock him from here till Tuesday). Anyway, as our family get togethers for Christmas were getting to be very large as we all grew up, got married and had children, it was decided that we would pick names, the adults picking an adult and the kids picking a kid's name. This worked out very well. Now to answer your question about what I crocheted for my uncle. I was at a complete loss gift-wise for him but the one thing I knew from the few years he lived with our family, was that he loved chocolate chip cookies. It just so happened that I always made lots of chocolate chip cookies as well as other kinds and gave cookies to family who didn't have time to bake. I was a stay at home mom and did a lot of baking while the kids were in school and when they were home, the liked to help make cookies. I decided to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies for my uncle but wanted to put them in something that would make it a memorable gift. I crocheted a long cylinder shape that I put the cookies into (sort of like a sleeve) using the red yarn I had. All the cookies didn't fit and when my hubby saw what I'd done, he remarked that it looked like a man part but where was the rest of it. I was out of red yarn but had some yellow and yes, I crocheted two "pockets" together to hold the rest of the cookies. I wrapped that present up really pretty and when my uncle opened it with just the adults present....his face got so red, he started sputtering and laughing...all the family was having a hoot of a time thinking it was something for him to wear to "keep it warm". I finally had to tell him to look inside...that 's where the real present was. He was greatful for the cookies and shared them will anyone who wanted to remove them from the "cookie keeper". I know it was a terrible thing to do and I've asked for forgiveness. God loves me, forgives me and helped me grow out of that phase of my life into a mature woman who can't remember how I ever made that thing in the first place. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    I like your sister in law's style....I used to do a lot of sewing and I can almost picture someone wearing a dress with darts in the back. At my age and body shape, maybe I should try making a dress in that style because I do need the extra room in the back as well as the front now. Hhhhmmmmm....just a thought. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't think of a thing unusual that I've crocheted. But, I did once crochet a "purse" that turned into a duffle bag! LOL I followed the pattern exactly and I don't know just what happened. I love to use that when I travel though because it turned out really pretty! It was really weird because the pattern called for worsted weight yarn, which I used to make it, and I crochet rather tight too.
    Dinah

13. Likes Barbara G., seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The item itself wasn't unusual, it is the way it turned out. It was a rectangle Filet placemat with a picture of an angel in the center, she was suppose to be tall and slender, well it turned out square and the angel was short and fat. That was my first and last time I tried to do filet crocheting. I love the look of the Filet, I think it is beautiful, but to tedious for me.

15. Likes Barbara G., BarbySue, DinahRoberts liked this post