Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Can a knitter help me with this?

[ATTACH]Can a knitter help me with this?-img_0655-jpg[/ATTACH]I did this start of a sweater many years ago at least 10 if not more. I really like the pattern and while it would be too small for me I could finish it for Kaye. I think the stitch is the garter stitch but that is a guess. I used circular needles and I think I have them but the pattern is long gone. This is a shot in the dark but does anyone recognize this pattern so I could try to finish it? I have no idea how the pictures all got messed up but there are only 2 pictures one is a duplicate. Can a knitter help me with this?-img_0655-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Can a knitter help me with this?-img_0654-jpg 
    Last edited by twinfaye; 01-14-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye if you post this picture on goodknitkisses channel on you tube, I am sure she can tell you . She is an excellent one that knits. Just a thought?
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    Do I go to Youtube and click on her name and then ask her? I don't know how to do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Twinfaye, I am not an expert knitter, but I would suggest you check out the seed stitch pattern, from what I can make out of you pic it looks pretty close. The seed stitch is a simple knit 1 pearl 1, base. Using circle needles you would have an odd stitch count so that the stitches automatically offset and you just have to keep track of the length you want. I hope this helped. I have found Crafty has a lot of knitting stitches that have the base patterns in k/p stitches. Good Luck! Later Gaters! Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks that was the stitch I thought it might be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye BEAUTIFUL JOB so far hehe. I like that Knit look. Can I put in for a Lg. size vest for November???...............Kidding I
    think you should keep up Knitting besides Crochet, very nice my friend. HUGS & can you do a marathon yet?? Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    [ATTACH]Can a knitter help me with this?-img_0655-jpg[/ATTACH]I did this start of a sweater many years ago at least 10 if not more. I really like the pattern and while it would be too small for me I could finish it for Kaye. I think the stitch is the garter stitch but that is a guess. I used circular needles and I think I have them but the pattern is long gone. This is a shot in the dark but does anyone recognize this pattern so I could try to finish it? I have no idea how the pictures all got messed up but there are only 2 pictures one is a duplicate. Can a knitter help me with this?-img_0655-jpg
    In viewing your pictures, it appears that their is a 1 X 1 ribbing (K1, P1) on the edge. Did you knit this garment in the round or flat using your circular knitting needles? If you knitted this in the round, the knit stitch aka garter stitch, produces a stockingnette stitch which would be comparable to knit one row, purl one row in flat knitting. A good knitting stich pattern source is Knittingfool.com. It has hundreds of stitch patterns and their variations. I hope this helps!
    Last edited by determined_to-crochet; 01-16-2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: add on

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats all confusing ---Faye you can do it I know you can & will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much I have just about made up my mind to do away with this start and try again on something that I can use for myself. Thanks everyone!