Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: inspired

Post Thanks / Like

inspired

I was inspired by someone else's post and i thought I would post some pictures and was ready to submit it when It disappeared!!!! So frustrating when that happens! I have searched for that post and cannot find it or remember who posted it. But anyway it was pictures of 3 or 4 holders of yarn that looked so interesting. Then I remembered what I use to hold my yarn while crocheting. I have so many plastic jugs that I have collected from when my son orders his protein powder, etc. He lifts weights and works out so I have a lot of those jugs! There is room in some of them for 2 different yarns at a time. Good when crocheting with 2 strands of different yarn. I thought I would maybe make a strand of lantern lights for the deck. You can cut out designs in them and let the light shine thru. That would be pretty I think. I have not started that project yet but I might next spring.
    I guess I am sort of a junkie! I really need to get rid of some of them. if we just look around us, sometimes we can find the item we need without going out and spending money on some store bought item when the item we need is sitting there just asking to be used! Recyclinginspired-yarn-holder-jpginspired-yarn-holder-001-jpginspired-yarn-holder-002-jpg! I guess that is what it is called. There is room in some of the jugs to put your scissors and crochet hook when you want to stop crocheting for a while. And there is all sizes. Use them for so many things! I have had no trouble taking the labels off of them. You can also decorate them and even make canisters for the kitchen out of them! I wish I could find that post so I could thank you for posting it! XOXOXOXO redhead,Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    hello Patty! I do not know about this things you show/ I use one plastic round box for thread... I put thread to plastic bag when I do not use them... I hurt my finger by hook and stopped crocheting... so sad and I work on UFOs -- Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    hello Patty! I do not know about this things you show/ I use one plastic round box for thread... I put thread to plastic bag when I do not use them... I hurt my finger by hook and stopped crocheting... so sad and I work on UFOs -- Larisa
    Hi Larisa, I am sorry you hurt your finger. Will it heal ok? Did you hurt it really really bad so it will not let you crochet for a long time? I hope not because I know how you love to make your doilies.Sometimes in cold weather my thumbs crack and hurt and bleed. Right now they seem to be doing better. I hope yours gets better real soon. There is a medicine I found that is a little like toothpaste but it is for dry skin and I am using it and making everything better for me. It's called UDDERLY SMOOTH from Walmart. Very inexpensive. I will keep you in my prayers., OK? love to you , Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Patty! How are you? I am fine. I put scotch on wound and can crochet... Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool jugs idea. I wish I had that much space to save that many jugs. Someday maybe. But I can still get inspiration from your post to do the same thing on a smaller scale. So Cool. Thank You

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty Love your Plastic Containers and so handy for lots of things. I am a recycled gal when able. We store down our Basement on a metal shelf. I did use 2 for Bird Feeders and should Paint them this Spring. Love your Rock I saw earlier, just so inspiring for my collection. When I walk I take a Bag or my grocery cart in case I see THE rock. Thanks & Have a Good week

Post Thanks / Like
    Clever idea! Thank you for sharing!