Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Pattern for large crochet snowflake with rose center

This pattern is for a 6.25" lovely crochet snowflake with a wild rose in the center. There are also links to many informative tutorials on the right margin.

Snowcatcher: Snowflake Monday

2. Likes billiebob, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Snowflake with rose center

Sweet Sue how are you. This is what I like to know. I made some crosses and I think I am using the wrong starch. It does not seem to stiffen them. Can you please tell me what you use on the Crochet snowflake with center rose. I would like to make angels that you have to stiffen up also. You see I am a Christian and I am still learning although I am 61 and have not crochet in over 30 years. But I am still learning can never catch up for all the years I lost. Hope you have a nice day.

4. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Shirley View Post
    Sweet Sue how are you. This is what I like to know. I made some crosses and I think I am using the wrong starch. It does not seem to stiffen them. Can you please tell me what you use on the Crochet snowflake with center rose. I would like to make angels that you have to stiffen up also. You see I am a Christian and I am still learning although I am 61 and have not crochet in over 30 years. But I am still learning can never catch up for all the years I lost. Hope you have a nice day.
    Miss Shirley, While I appreciate thread crochet and love the beauty of it, I have never been able to master the use of the small hooks. I posted the link to that beautiful snowflake so that others might enjoy it also. I do have a wonderful collection of thread crochet pieces that were made for me by my late grandmother-in-law. Her doilies were so perfectly blocked and starched so heavily, they could have been used as knives! She swore by Niagara liquid starch, which I do not think is available any longer. I have been using Faultless liquid ever since I ran out of what was left of her precious stash, and find that it does a good job for me, although it doesn't get quite as stiff. When I launder my doilies, I block them on a ceiling tile covered with a thick bath towel. I saturate the thread and allow it to dry completely. Then I turn it over and repeat on the other side. This makes sure that all of the thread has sufficient starch on it. Usually this is enough to give a nice stiffness to my treasures. I am by no means an expert and I am sure that there are many gals here that can offer you advice based on years of experience with thread crochet, but I appreciate you asking me and I gladly share whatever help I can offer you. I had to quit crocheting for over 20 years, so I can relate to you starting up again, but like everything else, it is a matter of practice and a desire to learn, and it comes back to you with time. Good luck with your projects. I hope that some day you'll be posting photos of the rose snowflake, something I don't think I will ever be able to do.