Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi, I'm new!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm new!

Hi, apparently I have already messed as I posted my search question in the introduction section. Oh well, seems to be the way I always do things. I am new to this forum but so glad I found it. I guess I am retired since I cannot work and probably will not ever be able to again. This allows me to do most of what I would like to do. I sew, quilt, crochet, cross stitch, don't like to knit - frustrates me, paint a little, and all kinds of crafts. I am a married grandmother who gets to visit my grandson fairly regularly, so all is well. My daughters like me to make things for them and their families so I stay pretty busy most of the time. It gives me something to do and I like to do this for them, I guess it makes me feel needed. My husband is very sweet and supportive. We have been married for over 26 years so I guess we have figured out our marriage. He supports me and I support him in his hobbies - hunting, fishing, golf. We live a nice quiet life in the country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Deb,

It is nice to meet you and we are glad you are here! It is great that you find positive in your situation! You sound like you stay very busy and I would love to hear more about your crafting!

It is also nice that you and your husband are supportive of each other! So, do you have any other grandchildren?

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbi, you get around this site. Crafting from wreaths, painting, ornaments, basket weaving, etc. I like to do just about anything with my hands. It is fun to cook just to cook, not when it is required to make a meal. I can't complain about cooking though because my husband and I get in the kitchen and cook together most of the time, so it goes quickly. My grandson rocks my world to say the least!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Deb,

It really is nice to be able to cook in the kitchen when it is not out of "duty." Since my kids are getting older, they are enjoying trying new dishes, so I am getting back to the heightened enjoyment of cooking a variety of dishes!