Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Wink I'm new to this site and new to crocheting

I was over joyed when I found this site! I am brand new at crocheting and my first project is making slippers for my mother. She is getting older and she has always made me things throughout my life. She makes quilts and does cross stitch. She just made me her last quilt due to health reasons she is unable to make anymore. I want to give back to her, and spoil her. So I have taken up crocheting so I can make her some warm slippers for her cold feet. I am looking forward to learning all that I can on this site, and to hopefully be able to help someone when I have the crocheting mastered. I am so grateful for this site! Thank you!!
    Angela

2. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard, you're going to love it here, if you need anything just asked.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey angela. Welome to ct -i know what your mom means about cold feet. If your feet are cold it seems like you are cold all over---the easiest pattern for slippers I have found were the mary janes I have made several pair but I don't put the strap on them. I made mine come up a ittle higher and my daughter puts puff paint on the bottom s they won't be slippery. Hav a good day. Betty bee

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your advice :-) I never thought about putting that spray on the bottom of the slipper so it won't be slippery. That's a fantastic idea thank you. I'm going to check out those Mary Jane slippers. I bet they are an adorable slipper. I love Mary Jane shoes, so I'm excited to check these out. Thank you so much! Hope your day is great! :-)
    Angela

6. Likes Granny Grunt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much! I'm excited :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum Angela! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! We are glad you are here with us! Thanks for joining us and please make yourself at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet you :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Angela welcome from Pa. you will get all the help you need here. I have crocheted for over 30 years and find it very relaxing. I hope you enjoy it here