Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Sewing project together

Hi.
    Does anyone have any hints or suggestions how they complete a project with sewing sides together as in clothes or stuffed toys for children. I always feel that the yarn can be pulled out.

Thanks!
    MonaLouise

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest Free Sewing eBooks | AllFreeSewing.com

Here a Link to get started, may not be what you want BUT its interesting ???????

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi...
    Thanks for that ! I am actually looking for hints on crocheting projects to finish off. As when you are at the end of a row/project and need to finish off the row to complete project. But, I did forward your download to a friend who sews.
    thanks again
    MonaLouise

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally just whip stitch it together, been doing this for 35 year with no problems. I have also crochet closure with a slipstitch. Good Luck.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer to do the ladder stitch. When I was younger I called it a weaving stitch. You would attach your yarn with a knot (so it doesn't pull out) and insert the needle into the end loop of the stitch, go through to the other side and then insert your needle into teh end loop of the next or nearby stitch on that side, and bring it through to the side you started with. Continue doing this going in and out until the end then end it with a knot. I hope this is clear, if not, then check out these video tutorials:

(shows you how to do this on fabric)
    w.youtube.com/watch?v=cSsx_J4OTHA
    When assembling granne squares I sometime like to slip stitch the squares together in the back loops of the wrong side, which creates a nice ridge on the front.