Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from Washington

I started crocheting with my grandma teaching me. I did one afghan which I ended up taking it all out and didn't start up again until many years later after she passed so I've self taught mainly thru trial and error. I'm looking to do an afghan but having trouble finding a free pattern. I like to do log cabins and patterns and not so much motifs or granny squares. I'm also interested in learning the afghan stitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cindy , I got most of my patterns from Redheart.com They have a patterns part and you can look at a bunch of free patterns. I always type in to Types as crochet and kinds as Afghans and throws. Also Lionbrand Yarns.Com has bunches of patterns. also check for afghans and throws And crochet. Even checking that you will get knitted ones so look on the directions for knitted or crochet. Check these out and let me know. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to have you here on the message boards! Please pull up a chair and make your self at home here - this is a wonderful group of people we have on site! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the nice note. I wanted to thank Texas transplant for the info. She gave me on free crochet sites for afghans. I did as she instructed and have bookmarked a few for printing, they look like fun. Thanks again.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cindyalex! Welcome from Cincinnati, OH.! You will find many helpful and friendly people here who are glad to help in any way they can. Glad you joined us!
    Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Takes a lot of patience and skill to thread crochet. I've done some, but have trouble with my thread tension.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I've already received helpful info. What is ur favorite item to crochet and how long have you been crocheting? Is it cold in cincinnati?

9. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cindyalex, One of my favorite things to make is filet name doilies in size 10 thread. I've made 32 of them and gave them all as gifts. Well, except for the one I made for us. I mat and frame them. They make great wedding and anniversary gifts. My Mom taught me to crochet as a child, but I didn't start getting serious with it until about 30 years ago. Over the years I've made lots of scarves, necklaces, earrings, lots of doilies, two afghans, a sweater (without any pattern) and most recently, kitchen dish towels and cloth sets for gifts.

Yes, it is cold here in Cincy. It was -4 degrees this morning, but is now 11 degrees at 7:40 pm. WooHoo! A heat wave!! What is the weather like in Washington? Do you have snow?
    Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made many afghans and made my daughter a shawl making my own design using a shell stitch. I did a lot of pot holders and hot pads as gift sets and a lot of hats. I have a bag full which I will donate next winter. It is a balmy 40 degrees here so no snow. We have had very little. Some rain and snow and ice rain, just a lot of rain which is common for this area. Vitamin d for everyone. I love to crochet, don't know why, more than any other craft. My grandma was a knitter and quilter as well, crochet was probably her least favorite handiwork. I tried knitting when I commuted to work via bus, but one day the bus was standing room only and I was sitting trying to knit and the bus stopped suddenly and someone fell on me almost getting stabbed so I decided a crochet hook was less dangerous at least when busing.

12. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post