Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  42
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

in-person crochet groups

Does anybody know how to find a crochet "get together" ?
    I looked on line & found nothing. I live in Milwaukee, WI

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I don't and Im in Mpls., MN so I was going to check around me. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    You might check with your local library to see if any groups meet there, or even with some of the churches. Or, check with the senior citizens organizations. This may be helpful for you.

5. Likes Judi Gums, amanda, meki1231, Teri, Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I joined Crochet Guild of America (CGOA) and there are groups within that organization that meet personally. It costs $35 a year to join CGOA.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to a Church Group and knew a few faces, 2 Knitted????? and no talk about crochet oh I tried believe me, 5 other ladies. others were just glad
    to get out, they should have been in W.W ( SHAME ) I sat and crochet a few Grany squares and started a knitting a scarf, All that was said oh thats pretty or thats not really knitting??? I will not be going back-----maybe 1 more time----cant believe it was that way. Maybe Ill bring a Bag with interesting Patterns etc and start a c2c Blanket. MY GREAT EXPERIENCE.

8. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You might try your parks and recreation department. The other suggestions regarding churches and senior citizens groups are good too. Our group meets through our parks and rec department - the program is called 50 and Wiser. Hope you find a good crochet group, I have made several new friends by joining ours (some are even knitters lol).

10. Likes amanda, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Check with some churchs and senior centers. I belong to a church group and we make hats, scarfs lap robes and baby blankets .
    Once a year we gather and box up to give to several organizations that need the warm items. We are 4 groups and last year we donated 8,000 items to 48 organizations. What a pile of yarn that was.
    Phyllis B

12. Likes N/A, Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    meki1231 Im glad for you and yes i wont quit even tho my Hubby doesnt know why I want to Daaaaah men. Sorry you Gents HUGS

Post Thanks / Like
    Phyllis B Now that is amazing. 4 Groups, divided into size or the Craft? Sound so wonderful. I donate Hubby & I to a few organizations but I need to do this and I never get Free Yarn---Whoops I did sweet friend on here sent me a box and if she see
    this please PM me I forgot???? OK Thanks & God Bless Your Church Groups Susan M J

15. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can also check places like JoAnn Fabrics or any craft place that teaches crochet. Usually others are there and would like to meet up with others that crochet. Susan M J, you reminded me of how I went to an expensive yarn store in my area and it was a "knitters" paradise. They made me feel so small there - especially when I said I used Red Heart yarn. Haven't been back since.

17. Likes amanda, N/A, Maggie0215, teresah liked this post