Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

A New Year....Homemaking " Clean Sweep"

It's a NEW YEAR!!! What are you doing to bring newness and freshness to your home? Changes, additions, clutter-control?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I 've washed my front door, gave the door wreath a fresh bath and used soap and water to clean the porch and steps which lead to the street curb. A fresh entrance to start the new year!

I also raked up 2 bags of leaves in the yard and driveway. Also raked up the leaves at the curb!

Younger daughter has mopped the kitchen and breakfast area. Older daughter has taken care of the dishes. Kitchen decor for Christmas has been taken down. One Christmas tree and decor has been taken down and boxed. In process of taking down 2nd tree and decor! I really appreciate the help that my daughters lend.

Younger daughter has cleaned and mopped the guest bathroom. Older daughter is helping with 2nd tree.
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 01-06-2014 at 01:16 PM.

3. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they do windows?send them over here----haha

Post Thanks / Like
    I and NO ONE ELSE will finish cleaning kitchen, check on Xmas items to keep etc. Straighten living-room a little better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am taking a minimum of 1/2 hour daily to de-clutter everything from shredding unneeded paperwork, organizing various types of clothing by color (easier to see what I have and what I need to get, if necessary), organizing yarn by color in storage bins. Going through craft supplies I no longer use and donate them, same with certain craft books. Basically downsizing things not needed any longer. Doing it a little at a time makes it less overwhelming.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I would really like to do some cleaning, I am so sick of my house being cluttered. I have Tom's Hospital bed in the middle of my living room, the nurses have the medical things they need for Tom scattered all over the living room. When I have a few minutes I sure an not up to straightening, I sit down and rest. He is asleep right now so am going to go lay down before he wakes up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I would really like to do some cleaning, I am so sick of my house being cluttered. I have Tom's Hospital bed in the middle of my living room, the nurses have the medical things they need for Tom scattered all over the living room. When I have a few minutes I sure an not up to straightening, I sit down and rest. He is asleep right now so am going to go lay down before he wakes up.
    MeerKat, I know from personal experience that caretaking, even with help, is the most exhausting thing there is. Physically, and emotionally. Please try to be kind to yourself, and don't stress about what doesn't get done. I know that is easy for me to say, as I'm not you, sitting there looking at it, lol.

I admire you for the positive attitude you have in the face of a situation that I know is very hard to deal with on many levels. Hang in there, friend.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

9. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a spare bedroom that has become my overflow craft room. If I continue to add things to this room at my current rate, it looks like it could become a future candidate for an episode of "Hoarders". Luckily, I still know exactly where everything is and I can still find something when I need it. I'm hoping to remove the bed and replace it with lots of shelving and storage so it is easier to navigate in there. The only hang up with this plan is that I have to dig out the bed and empty a large part of the room before I can begin to make changes, and when I do that the rest of my house will be a mess too. Hopefully it won't take too long. If I can figure out how to post photos, I'll post before and after shots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Sue View Post
    I have a spare bedroom that has become my overflow craft room. If I continue to add things to this room at my current rate, it looks like it could become a future candidate for an episode of "Hoarders". Luckily, I still know exactly where everything is and I can still find something when I need it. I'm hoping to remove the bed and replace it with lots of shelving and storage so it is easier to navigate in there. The only hang up with this plan is that I have to dig out the bed and empty a large part of the room before I can begin to make changes, and when I do that the rest of my house will be a mess too. Hopefully it won't take too long. If I can figure out how to post photos, I'll post before and after shots.
    I have your same room at my house, Sue. It is really piled up, but like you, I can still find things in it. Well, maybe it takes a little bit of looking, lol. In addition to all my craft supplies (paper, stamps, yarn, fabric) I put some Christmas paper and bows in there now. I do need to get it organized while I still have a path to walk into the room.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I needed BIG boxes to store some items. Just for the asking, it seems that boxes were just waiting for me to carry home!

Ladies, much success on your "Clean Sweep." I am enjoying the fresh look of my home...one project at a time.