Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  93
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your favorite brand of thread or yarn to crochet and knit with?

It amazes me as to how many different types of yarn and thread there are now days. Many of them, I have not tried yet. Years ago when I learned to crochet there were only a select number of brands out there.

What is your favorite brand of thread or yarn to crochet or knit with? Why is it your favorite?

2. Likes dragondrummer, wenda, dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stick with the oldies Redheart, Caron, Bernat, Lion brand, and sugar and cream and on occasions I love this yarn

I stick with these really for the fact that I know I can get them by walking into Walmart Joanns or hobby lobby and cost is another reason to stick with these brands.. I give alot of my crocheting away as gifts and we just can't afford to use the higher end yarns. I have made a few projects with different brands but when they are really expensive yarns I tend to use those for myself.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with MsBhaven, I tend to use the same yarns since they are more affordable, especially when the majority of my projects are for different charitable groups that request items. I also need them to be washable and durable too.

I will use the novelty yarns as edgings for scarves and hats since it kicks them up a notch and I want them to be a little more special, especially when they are going to the abused women's shelters or outreaches or the homeless.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I love caron yarn(when its on sale)

6. Likes Barbara G., wenda, dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Red Heart a lot (not too $ and machine washable) also Lion Brand (like the Pound of Love for baby things, love Homespun for Prayer Shawls), and Sugar and Cream cotton for dishcloths. Plus these are readily available in this area!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    I stick with the oldies Redheart, Caron, Bernat, Lion brand, and sugar and cream and on occasions I love this yarn

I stick with these really for the fact that I know I can get them by walking into Walmart Joanns or hobby lobby and cost is another reason to stick with these brands.. I give alot of my crocheting away as gifts and we just can't afford to use the higher end yarns. I have made a few projects with different brands but when they are really expensive yarns I tend to use those for myself.
    I tend to use these yarns as well. I made about 10 hobo bags for Christmas gifts, and I used the Caron One Pound yarn for them. They turned out really well, and the gals in my family loved them. I made brick red, teal blue, black, deep purple and a pretty leaf green.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried Herrshners Whisper Soft and I love it better than any soft Yarn, it doesn't split and usually if you watch you can get it on sale for $1.99. The only problem is they don't have a large variety of colors. If it had a lot of different colors I would use only it.

10. Likes Barbara G., wenda, dancingbaehr liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have used all of these yarns also, but right now, I am loving working with Lily Sugar-n-Cream for the dish towels and cloths I'm making.
    ~~ Jo

12. Likes Barbara G., dickletn, wenda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I really love the caron one pounder but also red heart super savor that is what i learned with and have always stuck with the same brand I'm not one that is up to trying new stuff out
    Last edited by wenda; 01-07-2014 at 10:46 PM.

14. Likes Barbara G., dickletn, dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi.
    Where do you get the Herrshners Whisper Soft ?
    I always like to try new yarns.
    Thanks
    MonaLouise