Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Nunnie

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Nunnie

Hello all. The sight suggested making an intro.
    I'm a mother of 2, grand-mother of 2 grand-daughters, and mother hen to 7 chickens.

I've known just the basics of knitting and croct for a long time but have never made too many things even tho I would like to. I have no idea how to navigate on this blog and didn't know how to even answer some of the settings. But I am hoping to accomplish something, improve my skills, get advice, and welcome any kind of help. With little money to spare, I'm always looking for free patterns in the things I'm interested in.

I've read a few of the posts and you all seem very nice; so thank you ahead of time. Nunnie

2. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard Nunnie, I'm Doris from sunny California, you will love it here, everyone is very helpful, just ask for what you want and someone will find it for you. You can go on the internet and find a ton of free patterns, but if that doesn't work someone will find it for you.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet message boards! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here on site with us! Please make yourself comfy here among crochet friends! And, let us know if you have need of anything - we will do our very best to help you out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa. get yourself a book called (I taught my self to crochet and follow each step till you know that stitch then move on to the next one) they even give you projects to make. Good luck. There is plenty of help here if you have any questions

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nunnie, Welcome from (COLD) Cincinnati, OH.! I too am learning the site .... still haven't found where to add a photo of myself on my profile, but will keep looking! Just let us all know what things you are interested in making and you will receive patterns. Glad you joined us!
    Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like

Nunnie

Hi Jo. Cincinnati! Wow. And I think it's cold here in VA with the cold snap. I pray that God keeps you warm on such frigid days. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one having difficulty navigating! It's frustrating; isn't it?

I think I'm interested in too many things, but one of my biggest desires right now it to find a crochet or knit pattern for a chicken. I know it's weird, but I became a member of the crazy chicken lovers out there back in May 2011 when I bought 8 heritage chicks, which are now 7 full grown hens. (Unfortunately, I had to find a new home for "Little Girl because she was beating up all the rest.) Since then, my husband says I've become a chicken queen. I've done some extensive searching on my super slow internet connection, and I finally found what I was looking for. Pictures were put online by this woman's grand-daughter and unfortunately she won't give out the pattern. So I keep looking. I'm also interested in baskets and crocheted jewelry. What about you? Thanks for writing! Nunnie

Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hi Nunnie, Welcome from (COLD) Cincinnati, OH.! I too am learning the site .... still haven't found where to add a photo of myself on my profile, but will keep looking! Just let us all know what things you are interested in making and you will receive patterns. Glad you joined us!
    Hugs, Jo

9. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nunnie, go to Pinterest and type in chickens in the search and you will find tons. Good luck.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nunnie! Thanks for your kind prayers. Everyone in the frigid states needs all of our prayers, especially the street people. Yes, the navigating can be frustrating, but just keep poking around the site and you will eventually find what you need. I was able to successfully find where to add my photo, after a lot of nosing around. Now, I'm trying to figure out how people put their logo at the bottom of their post. I'll keep looking!!

I have crocheted many different things over the years. Starting out with 2 afghans, scarves, moving on to doilies, ladder ribbon necklaces & earrings, a sweater coat (with no pattern - my Mother would have been proud of me!), 32 filet name doilies, kitchen hot pads, and currently, kitchen dish towels and dish cloth sets. We just found out our 12th grandchild is expected in August, so I am going to start making baby things. I never have made anything for babies, so it will be all new to me. I'm excited to get started on an afghan or sweater set.

Its a shame you can't get the pattern you want for the chicken, but, as dlj326 said, Pinterest is a great place to search for one. I'll be looking for one for you also. Take care, my friend and stay warm!
    Hugs, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Nunnie View Post
    Hi Jo. Cincinnati! Wow. And I think it's cold here in VA with the cold snap. I pray that God keeps you warm on such frigid days. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one having difficulty navigating! It's frustrating; isn't it?

I think I'm interested in too many things, but one of my biggest desires right now it to find a crochet or knit pattern for a chicken. I know it's weird, but I became a member of the crazy chicken lovers out there back in May 2011 when I bought 8 heritage chicks, which are now 7 full grown hens. (Unfortunately, I had to find a new home for "Little Girl because she was beating up all the rest.) Since then, my husband says I've become a chicken queen. I've done some extensive searching on my super slow internet connection, and I finally found what I was looking for. Pictures were put online by this woman's grand-daughter and unfortunately she won't give out the pattern. So I keep looking. I'm also interested in baskets and crocheted jewelry. What about you? Thanks for writing! Nunnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey nunnie welcome to ct. If you are a chicken lover then you would love this purse my daughter bought me---it is a big yellow chicken with a big orange beak. Have a good day bettybee