Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

This Wacky Weather!!

Look out here it comes... 8 to 12 inches of snow and minus degree weather.. by tomorrow night!.... that is Sunday night! They said we will have the most snow and coldest weather here in Indiana than we have had in a century! I have just become a bear ...I am going to hibernate until spring I think!!!!! Hope you all stay warm! My son's water pipes have already frozen twice this winter in the boys bathroom I think. I know he came after a small heater I was using till I found out it was his. But I am OK with it. We just filled the gas tank on the car! That really cuts into my money! I will survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am determined ! redhead/Patty

2. Likes amanda, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not looking forward to all that cold..!!! we are going to get it too. Hugs Kathy.. Stay Warm and don't go out unless you need to. !
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

4. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are having terrible weather also, we got 13 inches of snow today, tomorrow the high will be -7 and our wind chill factor is -35. We just aren't use to this kind of weather. I don't even have a pair of Boots to wear. I really don't get out much but my Lady that helps me with Tom can't get out either, it probably be a couple days before she can get over here.

6. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We are getting the cold wind down here too. The wind is blowing pretty good If we get out in it we need something on our head and ears. I got infection in my sinuses and the doctor says to stay out of the cold wind Cedar fever has got real bad here. I know this doesn't sound bad to you up in the snow country but it is not good on the people here. The homeless are really suffering . I lived in the snow country for most of my first 45 years. So I have a lot of memories of it. I did a lot of afghans while snowbound in North Dakota, Wyo. and Montana. Hope it doesn't last long. Thinking about you. Margaret

8. Likes amanda, dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We have wacky weather on LI too. Had snow last Friday and it was there till this morning (well, some of it is still around) but it rained overnight and washed a lot of it away and now it is in the 50's. However, by tomorrow, we will have wind chills below zero for about a day (which is not typical LI weather) and then warming back up to the 40's and 50's by the weekend. Right now it is windy and rainy but temps will drop by late afternoon. I can't imagine the cold and snow and ice in other parts of the country so I don't have the right to even complain a little when our weather varies a little from the norm. I just ask those who live in the hardest hit areas to please, please be careful and do what you need to do to stay safe.

LI Roe

10. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I am in East Tx and it's pretty cold here, lots of wind. The dampness in the air makes it feel a lot colder than it is, too. I think it was 18 this morning with a wind chill of minus-something. And we lost our power for several hours, yesterday... not related to the weather, actually, just one of those rural power outages that happen now and then. I was in the middle of posting a reply to some thread here and wham! everything shut off.

I did read in the paper yesterday, some weather expert was saying that this frigid air blanketing most of the country was pretty rare, and I don't doubt that. We had to make a flying trip to the hospital yesterday, about 25 or so miles from where we live. My FIL had emergency surgery and wasn't expected to make it, but he did okay, came through it and barely nodded his head a few times in response. They said yesterday he wasn't responsive at all that morning or the day before. He will be 87 in about a week. Just had knee surgery a few weeks ago, and then came down with the flu, just got so weak and dehydrated, we almost lost him.

Anyway, for you people up in the colder states, I feel your pain! I can't abide super cold weather with lots of snow. We lived up in the Panhandle for several years and sometimes it got pretty cold and nasty! I really feel sorry for the ones who are, or have been, sick, and yes, the homeless people too! I hope everyone stays warm and well!

12. Likes amanda, dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi don't you just love it??had to go to the barn to feed my animals this morning the snow not banks was at my waist most of the way ,not going to get any of the blowers out can't go anywhere highway is closed,anyway gave them enough feed for the night and hot water for them to drink so think I'll just hunker down and enjoy the snowflakes go by
    dianegladys.etsy.com
    flickr.com/photos/dianegladys[/url]
    photobucket.com/albums/s105/dianegladys/

14. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ladyDi461 You sure are COLD where your from. Im in Minnesota and at noon I went to an appt. it was 13 below windchill.It
    gets colder as each hr. goes by. Sorry about Electricity. Hope its. Oh after a minute I realized I skipped a line, FIL oh my goodness I am so Pleased he made it. You go you don't think as long as you are Prepared for SURVIVAL PKG in with you or Car I meant. You did stay overnight???? My hubby will be 90 Yrs young May 2nd this year so I try to pray for one more day everynight. God Bless you ^ Hubby, hope FIL keeps thriving each day . Keep us up dated will you ?? HUGS Susan MJ

16. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    10 pm Mon night It is 26 right now, and going lower tonight This is the lowest here in the North San Antonia erea that it has been in the last ten years. And they are saying on the news that it will be colder tomorrow and tomorrow night. When I read about you people up there I remember being in it when we moved into Minot , Ndakota in 64. I know I am lucky now with this down here but these people don't think they are so well off. Margaret

18. Likes amanda liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    LadyDi461, So glad your FIL is doing good. Prayers work wonders, don't they? I'm a firm BELIEVER!!! It is very cold here in Cincinnati, OH. too. It was -5 degrees this morning and now up to 9 degrees. Wow! A heat wave! Ha, ha! Unfortunately, we have to go out today on errands, but we will bundle up good. We have a steep 300 ft. long gravel driveway and have to use our Jeep to get out. The van won't make it out. It's an old Jeep, but we keep it just for this type of weather.

I feel so bad for the homeless people and also for the animals. I'm sure many of each will not make it in this terrible cold and that just breaks my heart. Everyone out there in the cold climates, please take care and try to stay warm.
    Hugs, Jo

20. Likes amanda liked this post