Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Missed everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Missed everyone

My computer modem died last Friday ....Yes, I know it is very sad. After a phone call to my internet company on Monday, they promised to send a new modem. They were as good as their word. I received the new modem and after much poking wires here and there this morning, I got the green lights to come on as they were supposed to do. Then I had to call a number to have the modem activated. Of course, I was able to talk with a person who realized I was not computer savvy and he was quite patient with me and we got the modem working and I was able to bring up the internet. WOO HOO was I excited. I thanked the gentleman and wished him a very happy new year.
    I took the needed break for my brain to relax and calm down. Afterwards, I tried to clean up the pile of email I figured I must have waiting for me. Oh no, can't use my email. Call another number....again the tech person realized immediately what kind of person she was going to have to help. She was also quite patient and polite (thank you, God for these kind people). She got my email up but I can't use my old email as it is now obsolete with the new kind of modem so I now have a new email that is so different from my trusty old email that it is going to take me quite a while to get the hang of using the new format. I can't move my old emails to the new email and I can't send email with my old email. I think my brain hurts from thinking too much today but I can at least get on CT again. I haven't been ignoring anyone....was just unable to get on the internet until now. I'm glad to be back. I missed all the news but I am wishing everyone a Very Happy New Year and hope everyone is doing well and had an enjoyable holiday season. HUGS, PRAYERS and LOVE to all, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

2. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, I had a similar problem. My computer blew out the passwords. It was just a mess of wires. My Daughter is the computer wiss and she looked at it And fixed one mess I had But I wasn't done . I finally told her that it was down Completely. She sat with her dad today while I went to the doctor and the store and she worked on it. for me. So now I am up and going again. Like one of the girls said a while ago , it is running YAY!! Margaret

4. Likes N/A, MeerKat, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear you loud and clear, Margaret. It should only take me a few month to get caught up LOL. Maybe my daughter can do something with this email mess I have now. I really don't like having to change my email address everywhere but there is nothing else I can do. Technology just won't stop advancing when I get the hang of it....it just keeps marching forward leaving me behind like a dangling yarn end that needs woven in......
    HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Shelly! Happy New Year! I am feeling better and plan to continue this doily
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    We live in a very small town and there is a small town 10 miles from us. There is a computer shop there. We have taken our computer to them several times to be fixed. The young men either like us a lot or feel sorry for us because they are so nice to us old geezers!lol Don't even charge us for my mess- ups. I have tried to adopt a couple of them but so far, no deal! Feel your pain!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear from you and that you are doing good!

Post Thanks / Like
    GLAD YOUR BACK and I feel for you and your mess yet. Hang in there we are here to give support. GO TO GENERAL CHAT FORM and read about MYSTERY
    FUN Barbara G has set up. REALLY FUN I think. Pray for a INTERNET MIRACLE for YOU & we are all here for support. HUGS Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't used to have e-mail. didn't understand why people had e-mail. Now I'm on the computer for hours at a time.

12. Likes N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly how many Spinners do you have left. Did the Yarnaholics buy anymore. My double one I use a lot and I switch to single for another item. Thanks for sharing these as Im glad to have bought them. Hows things coming and whats on your spinner lately ?? Wayne is he up to anything else??? HUGS Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I only use my email from my provider for Buying stuff over the internet. Other than that I use Yahoo, won't loose all my email that way.