Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you like walking, or hiking?

Yesterday, many state parks offered first day hikes to engage the public in getting into the great outdoors. This is a great way to start the new year for many of us. Hiking, or walking, is a nice thing to do with friends or family.

Do you like to get outdoors and walk or hike?

Did any of you participate in the First Day Hikes in your area?

2. Likes MeerKat, wenda, raled liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love walking but where I live now a pit bull will get me. Betty bee

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to get out and walk - too bad there are pit bulls in your neighborhood.

Post Thanks / Like
    a couple of years ago, I use to walk, 2 to 3 miles a day to lose weight. I hope to start walking again this year because of gaining it back, but not in the cold.. I am a fair weather person. lol I hate the cold... We have a state park hiking trail very close to use thats 13 miles long that I love to use.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live just a few blocks from what they call the Greenbelt the greenbelt is a walking/run/biking dog friendly trail that currently is about 15 miles but they add a few miles every few years and when complete should encircle the city I live in. also you can walk the green belt and walk though most of the city parks the green belts original design is to connect the local parks. I have walked and biked parts of it but have never made the full length of it yet it is a beutiful walk in the spring. there is one bad thing about the greenbelt if I walk from my house to the starting point of the greenbelt it takes me right next to a DQ if you take 4 steps off the greenbelt at the DQ you are in their parking lot this can be a bad thing lol but the again on A really hot day it can be a good thing
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 01-03-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

9. Likes Barbara G., Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ours is called The Slippery Elm Trail. It goes from North Baltimore to Bowling Green (13 miles). I live in the country, so no threat of a DQ. lol. The trail is 1/2 mile from my house so I walk to it.

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to walk but I LOVE Zumba!

13. Likes Barbara G., Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love walking but it is too much for me now. I used to walk about 2 miles to work every morning and back home every evening but I was a lot younger then and not nearly as many aches and pains as I have now. I think my walking days have done passed me up! I have a hard time just walking around in Walmart to do my shopping. I CAN walk, just not as far or as long at one time as I used to. I could do OK if only there was a place to sit a minute and rest and then go again. XOXOXOXO, redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 01-04-2014 at 07:22 AM.

15. Likes Barbara G., Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to walk and do at least 5-10 miles a day. I am known not only by the store owners but by the cops who see me walk. Everyone beeps and waves at me. There are very few days where I don't get out and walk. I started out walking just locally, then as I got used to it, kept increasing my distance. I walk everywhere and often incorporate my shopping and carry home (within reason of what I buy) my purchases. I go to the banks, libraries, hobby and prayer shawl meetings, the local mall, you name it, I walk there. Fortunately, I am in an area where these places are accessible by walking so I take advantage of that and also that so far, I am able to walk. I very rarely drive (unless absolutely, positively necessary).

LI Roe

17. Likes Barbara G., Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LI Roe, I sure wish I had all your energy.. lol - I loved to walk too and plan on starting it back up for health reasons. Hugs, Kathy

19. Likes Barbara G. liked this post