Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Experiment

Post Thanks / Like

Experiment

Hi,
    I wanted some jam so I looked at a recipe and put in pineapple, mandarin oranges, fruit cocktail, mango jello, water, fruit juice, blueberries. It didn't taste too bad. Then a few days ago or so, in a 9x13 pan, I put peaches, pineapple, apples, pears, mandarin oranges? and I put in the above blueberry jam I made and put oatmeal on top, put in fruit juice and mixed it up, put another layer of oatmeal on top and sprinkled brown sugar on top of that and put it in a 350 degree oven for about 15 or so. and now my husband had got me a box of a variety of instant oatmeal for hot cereal and I opened up the package that said peaches and cream and put it in a cereal bowl, added some of the above blueberry stuff and some water and warmed it up in the microwave and it tastes pretty good. Then I tried it with strawberries and cream-not bad but it was better with the peaches and cream.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-02-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My hubby may like that and I well Im healthy because I eat .. what ever? Thanks Jean I will try anything. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie that sounds so good I will have to try it I am not sure how to go about making the jam and then combining all th ingredients for the 9x13 pan but I guess mine will be an experiment too. I love the peaches and cream instant oatmeal with brown sugar! Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds delicious! I would like to learn to make homemade jams or jellies one day!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, You are creative! Your concoction sounds yummy!
    Hugs, Jo