Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Amrillo, Texas My name is Sandra

I am a great grandmother returning to crochet after many years. I volunteered to make an American Flag Afghan to donate for a raffle. I am running short of time and have had a really hard time trying to follow a pattern for the stars to add to the blue field. I don't know anyone anymore who crochets who could help me figure this pattern out.

In searching for some pattern I could follow, I ran across a an afghan based on squares which had the little white star as the center of each square. Now I have decided to use this pattern and cannot find it. I have spent 3 days searching the internet. Now I have to decide and get busy. I bought yarn for the stars and stripes pattern, so I probably need to go ahead with it.

I was happy to find this site while searching, and hope to settle in here and enjoy some friendships where people know what I am talking about! I will be online most of the day working on this til January 11th. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello welcome to the group and you might want to try youtube and see if you couldn't find a star pattern on there and if you have any question just ask because some one on here will try to help you and once again welcome to the group wenda

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I am doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I did take a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Huggers
    Debby

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a site for what I think you're looking for, I paste the star instructions for you. I hope this helps. http://www.allfreecrafts.com/crochet/images/flag.jpg, also go to redheart.com (Ships Ahoy Patriotic Throw Crochet Pattern) FOR STARS INSTRUCTIONS.

Materials Needed for Stars:
    no. 311 White Yarn
    Size G hook or smaller

Stars: Make 50: with white ch 4 , join with sl st

ch 1, 15 sc in ring, join with sl st.

*Ch6, sl st in second ch from hook, sc in next chhdc in next ch,dc in next ch.tr in next st, sk 2 sc, sl st in next sc. repeat from * around-5 points, join with sl st and fasten off, leaving about a 12 inch length to sew the star on.

sew stars on blue
    6 in a row for 5 rows and 5 in a row for 4 rows
    between them.

I made 18 stars; 4 in first row, centered 3 in next row and so on,
    you can do all 50 using smaller hook.

This picture has only a few stars, use smaller hook and fifty stars will fit on blue section nicely.
    Last edited by dlj326; 12-31-2013 at 12:41 AM.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress