Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you plans for the holidays?

What are your plans for the holidays? Are you going to visit family? Spend time with friends?

We are going to have a family/friend gathering for Christmas eve and for Christmas Day. We will be having a nice dinner and creating quality family time!

How about you?

2. Likes N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas Eve... family time.
    Christmas Day, Open House for friends and family.
    New Year's Eve, Open House.
    New Year's Day....FOOTBALL!

Church on Christmas Day to commemorate and reflect on the reason for Christmas (and it ain't Santa Claus!)
    Last edited by Poinciana; 12-17-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

4. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a group of friends we will get together with on Friday. Then I am hosting Christmas Eve for my family which includes my sister and her family and my daughter & her family. there will be 11 of us here. On Christmas Day it will just be the three of us and maybe a trip to the movies.

6. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Heading to oldest son's Christmas eve. Coming home boxing day the 26th. I am just hoping the weather stays good. We have had some pretty bad storms the last couple of weeks.

8. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be home Christmas Eve but invited a friend whose daughter and family goes to see her father on Christmas Eve (my friend is divorced). Already had a Christmas lunch today at my house with two other friends. Christmas Day is up in the air right now.

Usually take down the Christmas décor around New Years Day but that could change, depending on things.

LI Roe

10. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to Nashville to spend Christmas with my son who is in a nursing home there. He will be getting out in the middle of January. He has been there for over 2 months for rehab for a broken hip or leg not sure exactly where the break was. I would love to see my daughter and family but she is still mad at me and not speaking so I don't guess she will want to meet me. That's alright I have a ll my crochettalk friends and they keep me going and make me happy.

12. Likes Barbara G., N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just my husband & myself here for Christmas Eve and we go to Mass. Sometimes, we go visit his cousin at her home. Years ago, we visited our elderly relatives on Christmas Eve who could not get out on Christmas Day, but they are all gone now. WE are now the elders! Christmas Day, we will have 3 of our 4 kids and 6 of our 11 grandchildren here for dinner. (One daughter and her family always stay home for all holidays. We have to go visit them there.) I cook the whole meal myself, but the girls and my son help clean up. We exchange gifts after dinner.

Hope all of you have a wonderful, safe and Merry Christmas!!!

CHRIST is the reason for the season!

14. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a large extended family, with 5 grown kids, spouses, 18 grandchildren, and 4 greats! Trying to get the crowd together at holidays is a real challenge. We used to have a Christmas Eve buffet and party at our house with all who could come. It got too complicated with parents of little ones, who then had to go home and get the kiddos to bed and assemble and wrap toys for Christmas morning.

This year most of them will have Christmas at their own place. Then we will all get together on the Saturday after Christmas at our house, and exchange gifts with all our kids and grandkids! Our youngest daughter has 7 children, from 13 down to 1-1/2. The little ones are the most fun, and I really look forward to seeing them open their presents from "Bugga and Grandad." To tell you the truth, I don't mind having a little extra time to get everything wrapped!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

16. Likes Barbara G., N/A, dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at My Brothers House last night with his lovely Wife, 2 Nephews & wives and 3 kids from oldest boy.
    Sunday Having DIL, GD & friend over, Xmas Day to my Steo Sons & his son & wife. GREAT HOLIDAYS & TO ALL CT FRIENDS

18. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my plans have changed. I had originally invited my friend to come over and I thought she was going to but when she called the other night and I asked her again, she said she didn't know now since her sister (who lives upstate) wanted to get together and she wasn't sure when she would know. So, she isn't coming but my neighbors across the street from me (who I puppy sit for, am known as the puppy nanny) invited me for Christmas Eve. Both husband and wife have said they are now my family. I have keys to their house and their alarm codes as well as an app on my iPhone to arm and disarm their house if I need to go over and they are not home. He also was concerned since I live alone and encouraged me to get security cameras and an alarm (which I did). So I will just cross the street to their house. Their doggie is so cute, he watches me when I walk down the block because he thinks I am coming over. I got him an Antler bone for Christmas and it is gone already, he gnawed at it, played with it and wouldn't give it up. He also loves soup bones that you can buy so I may get a little package and bring it over too.

LI Roe

20. Likes Barbara G. liked this post