Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I've been working on lately...

I have been making crocheted dish towel & dishcloth sets to give to people when we go visiting on vacation. They are easy and fun to do.
    JoHere's what I've been working on lately...-dscn7107-jpgHere's what I've been working on lately...-dscn7108-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice thank you for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your items are nice and well made
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool!! I love the pink one!! Nice job!
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Libertylady64,
    Glad you like them, but actually, it is orange and yellow. The pic makes it look pink! I am now working on a red one with white stripes for my sister in Florida. She has a lot of red in her kitchen. Then, I'll make a navy and white set. They are quick and fun to make.
    Have a very Merry Christmas!!!
    Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good idea! I like the idea of having handmade gifts ready to give. One year I made a bunch of babay afghans and then whenever I learned someone was expecting, I had some to ready to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a wonderful idea! I have never crocheted anything for babies yet. With 11 grandchildren, you'd think I would have. I was just never in the mood to make baby things then. NOW, I wouldn't mind doing it, so maybe I'll start with Great Grandchildren!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty! I've been making some dishcloths and hot pads too, to give away. They are pretty simple, though, not nearly as pretty as yours!

I find that I am enjoying making these small things that can be finished in a few hours... it is nice to take a break from the bigger projects I had started. I usually have multiple projects going on at one time. Right now, I have 3 unfinished afghans, and I am working on a hat, and a couple scarves. I may start another small one later on... you never know!

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My all-time favorite thing to crochet is filet name doilies. I have made 32 of them - all gifts, except the one for us. I frame and mat them all. Last year, I was commissioned to make two with hyphenated names for wedding gifts. One had 10 letters and a hyphen and the second one had 14 letters and a hyphen. The hardest part was trying to find a frame for the really long ones! I will post a photo of the one I made for us soon. What I like the most about making them is that they are never the same, unless you make more than one of the same name, which I have done four times for family members with the same name. They make the nicest gifts, especially for weddings or new homes.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the Name Doily I made for Our Home.

Here's what I've been working on lately...-dscn7119-jpgThis is only one of the 32 I have made.