Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Ubelievable!

Post Thanks / Like

Ubelievable!

Was I ever surprised... I had inquired in Dec 2012 about a 1976 back issue of Good Housekeeping Needlework magazine and totally forgot about it because it wasn't in their inventory at that time . There is a pattern for the crocheted Flower Garden Afghan that is done in afghan stith and embroidered flowers on it that I had made a long time ago but y pattern pages was gone from out of my copy.They said if and when they got it in they would notify me. OK that was fine ... then I promptly forgot about it . I figured I would never hear from them again. This morning I was checking my Email and just about deleted it .... there it was!.... An email telling me that magazine was available again! for only $4.00! (plus S & H $4.12) I just now sent for it! I was very impressed with the response from them! I should have it in a couple days probably. Now that's the way I like companies to work. They didn't just put my note in a corner and forget all about me did they!!??!! The name of the company is VINTAGE KNITS. I WANT TO REMEMBER THEM! I'm a happy camper now!!! XOXOXOXOXO, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 12-14-2013 at 08:12 AM.

2. Likes amanda, billieconrad, Ginnie256 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love hearing about companies that go the extra mile. Can't wait to see it when you get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Love hearing about companies that go the extra mile. Can't wait to see it when you get it.
    Faye, the afghan I am talking about is the one I posted way back a good while ago. I had made 2 of them ...the 1st one was antique white background and flowers embroidered in hexagon shaped blocks. The second one is a little smaller and has a tan background and same flowers embroidered on each hexagon..... do you remember those afghans I posted? It is done all in the afghan stitch (now called tunisian stitch I think?) I can post it again if you want me to. Anyway I would like to make another one probably a different color. XOXOXO, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good story! I like happy endings! I know you'll be glad to get your magazine!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can always post it again since there is always new people that haven't seen it. Your work is so good that others need to see it.