Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: ladybug finally

Post Thanks / Like

Smile ladybug finally

Sorry I,ve been gone so long.First off -I have a new kitten. A calico named Cookie to go with her friend that's already here Oreo.She is the most active kitten I have ever had. She is into everything. She is a pig when it comes to food. I put her breakfast down & fix my bowl of cereal & she trying to get in my bowl. Drove Oreo nuts a first but they are O.K. now. She is currently being spayed tomorrow so it is quiet here tonite. Secondly I have finally been diagnosed as diabetic. I had all the pamphlets & a meter shoved in my face & told to pick up medication on way home.No one explained anything to me. I was in the middle of packing up my last craft show so ignored the whole thing. I was so confused . A classmate called & talked to me tonite & helped a great deal. I am going to study the leaflets & labels in the store for a while & then start in very cautiously. Probably in about 2 wks.I feel fine so it is no problem.I.m going to a Christmas dinner tomorrow at 11:30 given by Seniors every yr. at the highschool. So can eat what I want.Neither of my craft fairs was very good this yr. I'll have to wait till next fall & see what I feel like & how the economy is. Hope you all have a good Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear! I wish you good health
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Glad to hear from you and that you are managing. Hope you do better in your next craft shows. Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladybug: Call your hospital and see if there is a Diabetic program there. That helped my husband a lot. Also get your glycohemoglobin checked to be sure that you really are diabetic. Don't take the medication until you are positive your sugars are high. There are internists who specialize in diabetes. Good luck. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you on here you were missed! The doctor who diagnosed you should be ashamed of his behavior. Google information on diabetes and read all you can. The tip to call your hospital is good and I hope that have classes. Good luck I have recently been told that I am diabetic but I am not on medicine yet and I have lost 17 pounds and I hope to lose 40 and hopefully I won't have to go on medication. So if you are overweight the first thing to do is to loose weight. Good luck!!

6. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome advice Faye!!!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    ladybug........ Sorry To hear of your being on meds for Diabetic??? You go to a Dr in the Hosp. ? I dont understand how they can not tell you about how high count you have and how to use the meter?????? Are you sure you just didn't hear as you were taken back in fear or surprised ?? That is Terrible. PLEASE : CALL that Dr office and tell him you need to know how, why & what. and ask the Pharmacy Dr. he will explain BUT you Talk to THAT DR> also. SORRY Sweet Little Ladtbug but its nothing to fool with . please dont be MAD AT ME HUGS & Prayers Susan Mj

Post Thanks / Like
    By all means check with the people where your doctor is, they can tell you of people from there that can give you a lot of info on it. do you have an insurance group They can help you get settled with it. Don't think that you can still takeoff and eat anything. Two years ago they said my hubby was diabetic. I check his sugar before every meal. Sometimes he can go for a long time and his sugar will be all right. But then again if he has eaten something that he shouldn't it will go up into the 200's His main problem, he wants bread and white potatoes. Those are two of the things he can't eat but maybe a spoon full He has dementia real bad and he is like a 4 year old. He wants what he shouldn't have. If you know how to use the meter and the strips, take your blood sugar before you go to that big dinner. Are you going to take the pills or the shots? George uses Splenda for sugar. That helped him a lot. They have a lot of recipes out now to make a lot of things. But the bread and cookies have the flour that he isn"t supposed to get. I'm sure that most of us gals could tell you something about someone they know who is diabetic and the food they can eat. But please, don't wait till after Christmas to get some help with it. If nothing else call the dr's office and ask for an appointment with a dr that specializes in diabetics. but keep after it. Anything we can help with, be sure to come back to us here. Margaret.

Post Thanks / Like
    LADYBUG How are you my Friend. What have you found out??? We all are worried/concerned about you. Have you been
    crocheting? Love to hearfrom ou on how things are going. YOUR FRIEND Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everyone. You need an appointment with someone to help you deal with your diagnosis. Your diet will probably need to be tweaked also to help deal with your sugar levels. This is not something you can ignore for long. Take good care of yourself, get the help you need, and let us know how things are with you.