Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Recent projects

Post Thanks / Like

Recent projects

here is some of the things I have been doing... A scarf (the picture doesn't show the colors very well) I just finished and wore this morning. The yarn is 6 different colors, dark blue (like my coat) , very pale green , white, Christmas green, teal and very light blue and made with a giant plastic crochet hook. The pattern is called "Rough Super Chunky Scarf" It was pretty hard for me to get started and finally it went pretty fast. It really is warm too. It is down now to about 10 degrees outside.
    I am wearing a pair of house slippers(you can see my toes in the scarf pic) that I used the size "N" hook on with 2 strands of yarn..Pink and lavender. They are too loose around the top of the foot and toes have big spaces in them.I don't like them but I wear them. The lavender slipper was done with a size H hook with one strand of yarn , the bright pink one with a size J hook and the green one will stretch onto my foot and is done with a size N hook but with one strand of yarn (same as the ones I have on in the picture with 2 strands of yarn. I have not found a slipper pattern I like yet. So I am not a happy hooker with slippers!
    The western style boots is really crazy.... no hook size given and I think the hexagon granny square should have been made with a smaller hook. I can't remember what size I used but the granny square on the heel buckles outward on the heels. and doesn't look like the pattern at all. ( I have the pattern if anyone else wants it I can post it for you and good luck if you try it.)

The granny squares are made with 3 shades of purple and the other one is 3 shades of lavender.
    I started in the center with the darkest shade of purple yarn and did 3 rows of DC of that shade and changed to the next shade and did 3 rows of DC with that shade and changed to the 3rd shade doing 3 rows of each shade from darkest to lightest with ch 2 in each corner and then outlined it with the beginning color. Then I reversed the next one from the lightest shade of purple to the darkest shade and again outlined it with the beginning color. Then I am doing shades of lavender the same way . Always lining with the beginning color.
    The outline row is: join beginning color with a slip stitch in the corner ch 2 space and then *ch 3 and join with a slip st in the next space.* Continue around from * to * and Join in the first sl st. I may do an afghan with all shades of purple and a 2nd one with shades of lavender. Probably with one or two rows of white around the original blocks. Then just sew them together . I haven't decided how many blocks to make for one afghan yet. I just made it up. So much of the time I don't have a pattern so I just do my own thing. XOXOXOXOXO, Patty
    this pattern because I love purple and lavender.
    Recent projects-picture-004-jpgRecent projects-picture-003-jpgRecent projects-picture-002-jpgRecent projects-picture-001-jpgRecent projects-picture-jpg The 4 squares are supposed to be 2 of lavender shades and 2 of purple on the right side but htey look so much alike in this picture... not very good lighting I think.
    Last edited by redhead; 12-14-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely crochet job on all of them. I adore the purple granny squares!
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    I adore ALL of them! Great job! Thanks for sharing your work!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It s very nice
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice projects

Post Thanks / Like
    Busy hands! We made a homemade Xmas. I am so excited to give the presents i can hardly wait!
    Ahhhhhh aqua therapy! Life is just wonderful bubbles the rest is surface intervals. Tami