Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

confused with a pattern. need help please.

I came across this free pattern on pinterest for a beautiful pineapple scarf. I really want to make 2 for Christmas gifts for my mom and mother-in-law. I started it and I am confused. There are brackets on the directions. And out of the "chain 80" I have about 40 chains unworked. I really don't know where I went wrong. This is the link.

Http:// Crochet scarf for ladies - Craft Ideas - Crafts for Kids - HobbyCraft | Craft Ideas - Crafts for Kids - HobbyCraft

2. Likes amanda, N/A, momma3girls liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im glad to meet you and Wish a Happy Holiday also. I am notthe right person to give instructions as I cant print out and going back & forth not good. Im sure one of several gals I know will be with you soon. HUGS Susan M J

4. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, GlendaAlicia, I'm sort of in the same boat as Susan. I think someone else could explain better.

That is a gorgeous shawl!

I have only one comment and going by the fact that you started with a chain 80 and you say you have 40 chains now. My thoughts are that those "extra" 40 chains are where you crochet the 2nd half. Good grief, that sounds too confusing to me. It was just my thought.

Someone with a lot of experience will be along and be able to get it all straight for you.

Welcome to Crochet Talk, the best of the lot on the web!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

6. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually, as is the case here, anything within the brackets gets repeated a set number of times. The first instance is to repeat that section 2 times. (A total of 3.)

8. Likes N/A, Dustygirl, GlendaAlicia, catbalou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty pattern! I love pineapples in just about any pattern. You have 3 brackets to repeat the pattern in the first row. 2 times, 2 times & 3 times. That should use all the 80 stitches. Be sure and let us know & see how you are doing. Katie
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

10. Likes GlendaAlicia, catbalou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dustygirl (like the name xo) Thank you for such professonal reply HELP. Very nice Katie. Computer skipping DDDDDDD
    THANK YOU for helping. HUGS
    Susan MJ

12. Likes Dustygirl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the first time I am posting, Just to let you know I downloaded the pattern, and the graph does not quite correspond to the instructions from what I calculate. I have done the first two rows as you start at the center of the back of the shawl. I only chained 75, row 1 - In the 4th chain - do 2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc (this is what the graph shows though you can do 2 ch and this will make the shell closer stitched.) (Then in the fifth chain from the one worked,do- 2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc ) 2 times, [chain 5 stitches and in the 10th ch from the one just worked, repeat the (2dc, ch3 , 2dc), ch 5, skip 9 ch, and in the 10th ch do (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc), (skip 4 chains, 2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc ) 3 times}] repeat the instructions from [ to ] 1 time, this should work out to the 75 stitches.

not sure if you will understand the above, and if you need more help with the remaining rows , if so I can probably assist with those, I might as well continue on with this pattern now that I have it started as it seems to go somewhat easily.

14. Likes GlendaAlicia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Susan. I downloaded the pattern. I think it is so cute. Maybe after the holidays I can try it out. I have so many projects going on right now. Trying to get them done in time. LOL Working full time has cut down on my Crochet time! Not use to having to work on the holidays but that is the way it goes.
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

16. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to pay for all that thread & tarn and spoil your Family & Friends. Just hope you can enjoy the Holidays so DO GET YOUR SLEEP. HUGS

18. Likes amanda, Dustygirl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your advice. After so many tries and not giving up, I chained 64 and followed the pattern with a few changes after examining the graph. So far so good. Got about 10 more rows to finish the first half. The second half should be a breeze. Thanks again.

20. Likes Dustygirl liked this post