Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Alaska the last frontier!

I don't remember who said something about watching a movie about Alaska. ...but I found "Alaska, the Last Frontier" on the Discovery channel. The young pregnant couple built a round outhouse! A porcupine threw quills into the nose of a dog and the foot of a horse and the guy had to pull them out! Very, very interesting and I am stuck now on Discovery channel while I crochet!! Patty

2. Likes MeerKat, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty,

I have been catching a show at a friends on the Coast Guard in Alaska, I think. They do rescues to help people which has been very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty: There is also one called Railroad Alaska that I like to watch. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty it might have been me I watch all the Alaska related shows. I went on a cruise to Alaska so I feel more interested because I recognize some of the places. I watch Yukon Men, Alaska the Last Frontier, Railroad Alaska, Life Below Zero, Bering Sea Gold, Alaska Coast Guard, and a couple others that I don't remember. Maybe I am a little addicted??? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Patty it might have been me I watch all the Alaska related shows. I went on a cruise to Alaska so I feel more interested because I recognize some of the places. I watch Yukon Men, Alaska the Last Frontier, Railroad Alaska, Life Below Zero, Bering Sea Gold, Alaska Coast Guard, and a couple others that I don't remember. Maybe I am a little addicted??? LOL
    OH_OH! I'm calling "Intervention" right now so look out!! a Ha Ha Love , Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, when I have more time I will post a letter I sent to my son while he was in rehab. It is really funny. I have to find it and I just saw it the other day. Right now I am waiting on my other son to pick me up to go to a Christmas program with several schools in it and my grandkids are going to be there in it too. I went last year and it was so good ... those little kids are so cute and the way they sing or act sometimes is so funny we can't keep from laughing. love ya, Patty.... gotta go!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Discovery Channel! I watch all the Alaska shows as well. I even record them to watch at a later time (without commercials).

Post Thanks / Like
    Kindred spirits Ginnie! Ultimate Survival Alaska is another one I watch but don't tell Patty or I may get an intervention. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, my son got me Netflix and I have watched everything pertaining to Alaska! I think I may have a problem too! (:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    We're in it together!! lol It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The flowers were so big and lush which surprised me since it is so cold but someone reminded me that during the warm months there is a lot of daylight. We were there in late August/early September and it was 70 in Ketchikan (sp?) and we did a kayak trip. The we walked on a glacier with just a jacket on and met Miss Alaska!! Fun trip!!