Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Totally Blah

Post Thanks / Like

Totally Blah

For the past 2-3 years, Xmas trees have not exuded that heavenly fragrance anymore here in SoCal: I usually wander thru the rows of them at Walmart, Target and elsewhere to just take deep breaths of the perfume, but they have been totally unfragrant.

Are you folks in other parts of the country noticing the same thing? I'm wondering if it's a case of GMO firs?

At any rate, it's a real disappointment. {sniff}

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not noticed this year. Maybe the scent has become less and less, so I did not realize. Makes you wonder why unless it has been all the weather changes we have had over the past few years?? You could buy some of the tree scent in a can and spray it on the tree, maybe? Not sure?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yah, it might be the weather changes: too little rain, perhaps. {shrugs}

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't looked at real trees in so long I don't think I would remember what they smelled like. I have had artificial trees since they came out. I am affraid of them catching on fire. Plus I haven't put up a tree since none of my children come home for Christmas anymore. They both live out of state.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if they are spraying something on the trees to help preserve them, and this takes away the marvelous pine aroma. My in-laws had a pine tree in a big pot so they could have real tree outside (they couldn't fit a big one in their living room). Well, eventually the tree started to die, but my in-laws wouldn't give up. They looked around for the proper shade of green and they spray painted it! The paint helped hold the needles on and they got a couple more years of use out of it. BTW, this was in Anaheim, CA.