Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Who wants to do a project with me?

And the lapghan is completed at approximately 40 inches wide by 50 inches long!

Original post:

I am currently making an afghan that is 54 inches wide without the border, and it is going to be approximately 70 inches long. The color theme is red, brown, yellow, black, and white. I am using a size "P" hook and 2 strands of each color in sc throughout the entire afghan, but I want to see, with this color sequence, how your afghans come out to be. You can do baby afghans, throws, or larger afghans, but if you crochet with me, the only thing that has to stay the same is the color sequence.

It should only be red, brown, yellow, black, and white.
    Not red, brown, yellow, black, white, black, yellow, brown, red...
    Not red, brown, yellow, black, white, red, brown, yellow, black, white...
    Just one "patch" of each color throughout the entire afghan and no other color.
    The border should either be one of the colors only, or the entire color sequence again, just to make sure that it stays in the same sequence.

The reason for these colors is the children's Christian song "Jesus love the little children"
    Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world
    Red, brown, yellow, black and white
    We are precious in His sight
    Jesus love the little children of the world

With my afghan, I am also going to be crocheting the letters/words "We are precious in His sight" to sew onto the afghan after it is completed. You do not have to do this, just so long as the colors remain the same. The colors can be vertical or horizontal, I am doing my rows horizontally.

If you do partake in crocheting with me, please post pictures of course! It would be great if you would post as your work progresses, but if you want to just post pictures of the completed project, that is fine, too. I know it's close to Christmas, and many of you have Christmas gifts that you are making, so you don't have to start it now. This is just something I thought would be fun! =D

PS. This is not a contest.

~ Anything below this sentence is an update ~

Okay, so I decided to make a throw instead. As I was working this afghan, I realized the way it was working out looked a lot better with vertical stripes rather than horizontal stripes. Here is a picture of what I have done so far....

Last edited by Rogue Hobbies; 03-23-2014 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Updated picture - Completed

Post Thanks / Like
    Give until after the Holidays and I would love to do this with you does it have to be a certain color of red brown or yellow just let me know and I will be glad to do this thanks wenda and this will also give me a chance and time to get the yarn thanks again wenda

3. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wenda View Post
    Give until after the Holidays and I would love to do this with you does it have to be a certain color of red brown or yellow just let me know and I will be glad to do this thanks wenda and this will also give me a chance and time to get the yarn thanks again wenda
    As long as anyone can tell that the colors are red, brown, and yellow, it doesn't matter the shade. It shouldn't be like a violet color of red, where it looks more purple than red, but it can be dark red, cheery red, etc.... Same with the brown of course, it can be any shade of brown as long as it is visibly brown, and of course, same with the yellow {not like an orange yellow, but it can be baby yellow, bright yellow, "skin" yellow, etc}.

My personal due date to have the afghan finished is early April. I have a few Christmas gifts to make still yet, and a small project for Church, so I can't solely work on the afghan until late January to early February. I would like to see the afghans done by the end of May, but there is no real deadline just so long as we work to get them done. =D

5. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PS. I am using Craft smart yarn from Michael's. I wanted to use the Caron One Pound for this project, as I like the red in that brand better than the red in Craft smart, but I also like the yellow in Craft smart better than Caron One Pound, for my personal project... I couldn't afford the skeins I needed for the Caron One Pound, though, so with my 40% off entire regular price purchase coupon, I got 10 skeins of Craft smart yarn for $16.

7. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Rogue, I'd love to join you in this afghan making of all the children in the world. Will also start on it in January. Where are you in Michigan?

9. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~picture added of my work so far on this project~

Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't it be nice to embroider the lines of the verse on the blanket.
    You could put one line one each colour block.

12. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rogue, I started my afghan/throw this evening and I love my pattern that I'm using and as soon as I have all the colors I will post a picture for all to see.
    Betty Lynn

14. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice1953 View Post
    Rogue, I started my afghan/throw this evening and I love my pattern that I'm using and as soon as I have all the colors I will post a picture for all to see.
    Betty Lynn
    Awesome! I can't wait to see it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have so many things going right now, but I love this idea. Let me know if you will be doing it later this year.

17. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post