Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Post Thanks / Like

Infant hat and boots

This is my first infant set that I have even attempted to make. The camouflage is pink camo and I thought the set was adorable. What do you all think? What kind of price do you all think is fair?
    Attached Images Attached Images Infant hat and boots-camoflauge-hat-boots-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job! For infants stuff---I would charge $5 for each. If they had decorations on them, than a little more.
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the info. I have had people suggest 15 or 20 because of the time it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet pretty fast, but when I make new born stuff it takes me no time to complete. Just remember that the more decorations you put on the item the more $$$$$!!!!! The clients where I live like the complete baby layette set so that is even more money!!! Happy crocheting!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jokersjuggalette View Post
    Thank you for the info. I have had people suggest 15 or 20 because of the time it takes.
    Crochet Chickadee

5. Likes peache1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think your set is very cute! What weight thread did you use and where did you get it?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is worsted weight 4-ply but a very soft yarn. I found it at Wal-Mart at a very reasonable price. I believe I paid $2.47 a skein for each one. They have every camouflage color you can think of. They have the pink, green, grey, blue, and brown.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually triple the price of the yarn. I would say 10-12 dollars depending how much the yarn was.

Post Thanks / Like
    So 12 dollars would not be bad. My yarn was only 2.47 a skein, but then just to give me a little extra and make a little profit off of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love your camo set. When my oldest granddaughter was 3, I asked her to pick out yarn for me to make a poncho for her.....she picked pink camo. Her daddy would take her down the river in the canoe to an island and they would camp for a weekend....there were some others that went but she was the only girl and she just loves camping. That poncho kept her warm when it would start to get chilly in the evenings. Now the youngest wears the pink camo poncho. Surely got my money out of that yarn. Keep up the beautiful work....full of love and talented crocheting ..... HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much. I have all the camo colors and getting ready to start my next set. Just have had a lot of other things going since getting this one done.

12. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post