Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Wal*Mart to the Rescue!

Wal*Mart has saved my bacon.

I have 60 rows to go on this shawl and will soon be OUT OF YARN! This reality of not having enough yarn to finish the shawl hit me the night before Thanksgiving.

I called all around to the places that sell yarn and nobody had my yarn. Since I had bought it at Wal*Mart I called there and they didn't have it in stock and next shipment for yarn was unknown. The gal who worked in the yarn department called all the other Wal*Marts in the area...six of them, and they didn't have it either. She suggested going online and checking Wal*Mart's website.

I did that and guess what...I got to order the yarn plus a few other goodies, like a new popcorn maker and some shawl pins.

FREE SHIPPING and it will all be delivered Thursday via UPS. KUDO's to Wal*Mart. I'll never say anything against them again, lol!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Walmart

I don't care what anybody says.. I love Walmart!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a huge Walmart fan. We have a super Walmart with an enormous grocery section. If I can't find it at Walmart, no one in my area has it. Glad they were able to get you what you needed.

4. Likes amanda, fabiana, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm now a HUGE fan of buying the yarn from their website (Wal*Mart). It comes so nicely packaged and isn't all pulled apart, etc., by the little darlings whose parents don't teach them how to behave in a store!

The difference is incredible! So if you know in advance what yarn you want to buy, I would recommend the website.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

6. Likes amanda, seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vlveteyes View Post
    I don't care what anybody says.. I love Walmart!
    I do, too! I live very close to both a Neighborhood Market, with groceries, and a Super Center, with groceries and everything else. I am in there several times a week. I've gotten to know many of the clerks and employees. They are always so pleasant and helpful. I've never had a bad experience shopping there.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

8. Likes amanda, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Wal*Mart has saved my bacon.

I have 60 rows to go on this shawl and will soon be OUT OF YARN! This reality of not having enough yarn to finish the shawl hit me the night before Thanksgiving.

I called all around to the places that sell yarn and nobody had my yarn. Since I had bought it at Wal*Mart I called there and they didn't have it in stock and next shipment for yarn was unknown. The gal who worked in the yarn department called all the other Wal*Marts in the area...six of them, and they didn't have it either. She suggested going online and checking Wal*Mart's website.

I did that and guess what...I got to order the yarn plus a few other goodies, like a new popcorn maker and some shawl pins.

FREE SHIPPING and it will all be delivered Thursday via UPS. KUDO's to Wal*Mart. I'll never say anything against them again, lol!
    You must have found the one out of a billion workers who care about people and their job! God worked it out!
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!

Post Thanks / Like
    Living on a severe budget, I get 90% of my yarn from Walmart, and the rest through sales and gifts from Michael's and Joanna.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by merseaone View Post
    You must have found the one out of a billion workers who care about people and their job! God worked it out!
    You're so right, merseaone. I'm going to write a note of appreciation to the manager of that particular store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystonemama View Post
    Living on a severe budget, I get 90% of my yarn from Walmart, and the rest through sales and gifts from Michael's and Joanna.
    Thanks for your reply, Keystonemama. Walmart has the best prices and using the good coupons from Michaels and Joann's are the way to do it!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is very nice, I can't say I have had a bad experience with them. But around here if you ask a question they usually say they don't know. They really don't try to help out like that. I quit asking about anything long time ago.