Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Help with doll hair and face ideas

I just finished this lovely mermaid for my granddaughter. But i need a face and hair...... Any ideas?

Help with doll hair and face ideas-image-jpg
    Ahhhhhh aqua therapy! Life is just wonderful bubbles the rest is surface intervals. Tami

2. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I love that! Can you share the pattern, or a similar one? For the hair, I would either go with strands of Lion Brand's Fun Fur yarn, cutting each piece and tieing it to the stitches around the doll's head almost as if you are using fringe for her hair, or just regular yarn in this way as well, or you could go super fine and use doily thread or sewing thread, all of these methods you can just tie a cut strand to each stitch around the head. You can also mix colors doing it this way if you wanted, so you could give her brown hair with highlights of a lighter brown or yellow, or black with highlights of blue, etc.

For the face, I would suggest trying to find some felt eyes and mouth/lips, and use a tapestry needle to sew in a small crescent for her nose with black or dark brown sewing thread {embroidery floss}. You should be able to find all of this at Michael's or Joann's fabrics.... but if you can't, they should be able to point you somewhere that you can find them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the mermaid house guest pattern with a few changes to make her unique. Here is the web address: http://www.crochettoday.com/files/pa...y_Mermaid1.pdf
    Ahhhhhh aqua therapy! Life is just wonderful bubbles the rest is surface intervals. Tami

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice! Are you going to do some yellow hair with the crocheted mermaid doll?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking red or orange. Might be pretty with her green tail

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a site I like for making dolls, she recently did a mermaid. www.byhandbyhook.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The link is not working. Can you repost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops its By Hook, By Hand

Post Thanks / Like
    without really noticing other ideas, I thought of attaching on strand per stitch and doing a long chain. Then if you make it long enough you could braid it together. As for the face since it is done, i would use embroidery floss for the features.
    Hope this helps.
    I am not too weird; everyone else is just too normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is my plan.... When I have it done i will post a new picture