Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas trees in green and white

I had a hard time making the green one. You have to count and count so I had a hard time with it. The white one I didn't stick to the pattern so it was much easier and I made it a little shorter and wider. The trees eat up yarn all those "leaves" take a lot of yarn. I used pieces of skeins so I can't tell exactly how many skeins but I would say one skein for the base and 2 skeins for the "leaves".Christmas trees in green and white-img_0608-jpgChristmas trees in green and white-img_0601-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I will post pictures of them decorated as soon as I get the nerve to fire up the hot glue gun. It hates me and I get a burn every time and sometimes more than one. UGH!!

3. Likes amanda, N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great job on both Faye!! Yes I have seen some patterns on the trees and one had the crocodile stitch and it was eating up a lot of yarn also.
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the trees I have the white one and that Green its nice now, cant wait to see after trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas trees in green and white-img_0610-jpgThis is the white one decorated but I still want to add some more ornaments. I have to get the green one decorated too.

7. Likes Judi Gums, amanda, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The White tree is very Pretty, whos the lucky person?

Post Thanks / Like
    Big surprise I made them for me!! I do plan to take one to Nashville when I go down to spend Christmas with my son who is in a nursing home for rehab. He is 46 and he is having a ball with all the seniors. He will be there until the middle of January and I haven't been able to visit him until Christmas. He won't want to keep the tree so I'm keeping them both for me. Sounds selfish but once and a while I make something that I don't want to give away. I made this little owl and I have tried to give him away but every time I pick him up I put him down and say no not now. I don't know why he is special but for some reason he is so I'm going to keep him. I think it is like friends you "meet" someone special you know that they are someone you want to keep around.

10. Likes amanda, N/A, Rogue Hobbies liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the tree Faye! You did a superb job! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job. Very pretty.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you and son will have a Nice Time on that trip. Im not surprised your keeping the Trees they are lovely, can find minature lights at a doll shop here so maybe you can there ??? Hugs xxxxx