Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    I'd Like Instructions for This Stitch

    I'd love instructions for the stitch pictured below. It's from this Russian website
    MAV? DÜNYA: ?K?S? B?RARADA
    However, it appears that the website may not give instructions for the stitch.

    Name:  NeatStitchPhoto.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  21.9 KB

  2. Likes missro007 liked this post
  3. #2
    Jean Marie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holland, Michigan
    Posts
    9,596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-11-2018 at 02:51 PM.

  4. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like

  5. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks like a double crochet and chain one. Alternate on second row so that the chain one is over the dc, then dc into the dc 2 rows below (the dc under the ch1 of the previous row) I hope this makes sense and is helpful
    Karen

  7. Likes spoula liked this post
  8. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Name:  sample2.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  94.3 KB
    I'm sorry I was so slow to thank you all - I've been away. Today I had a chance to experiment. It's the double crochet and chain 1 as karenlatlas said. When I dc-ed into the dc two rows below I tried both 1. Crocheting into the top two loops and 2. Crocheting into the front loop only. Crocheting into the front loop only gave a result that looked more like the Russian photo. I liked the yarn running diagonally in the Russian swatch, which comes from hooking the stitch two rows below. No matter how tightly I pulled my dc stitch I wasn't able to make it quite as prominent as theirs was.

  9. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
  10. #7
    Nova55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Glendora, CA
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've just defined the crocheter's challenge (probably knitters too!). You can find a stitch you love, but not every yarn is going to work that stitch so that it looks the way you want. Actually it's amazing how different some stitches look when using different yarns. I certainly understand why some people buy kits, or when buying a pattern, make darn sure they buy the same yarn as the designer used - this is the only absolute way you'll get the same results. I attempted to solve your problem, but I couldn't get my yarn to look like the pic, either. I'm glad you figured it out, though - kudos!

  11. Likes karenlatlas, spoula liked this post
  12. #8
    DorisAnn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by calamityjane View Post
    I'd love instructions for the stitch pictured below. It's from this Russian website
    MAV? DÜNYA: ?K?S? B?RARADA
    However, it appears that the website may not give instructions for the stitch.

    Name:  NeatStitchPhoto.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  21.9 KB
    All I have been able to find is this How to do Tapestry Crochet: step-by-step photo tutorial | LillaBjörn's Crochet World
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

  13. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Shipshewana, IN
    Posts
    172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by calamityjane View Post
    Name:  sample2.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  94.3 KB
    I'm sorry I was so slow to thank you all - I've been away. Today I had a chance to experiment. It's the double crochet and chain 1 as karenlatlas said. When I dc-ed into the dc two rows below I tried both 1. Crocheting into the top two loops and 2. Crocheting into the front loop only. Crocheting into the front loop only gave a result that looked more like the Russian photo. I liked the yarn running diagonally in the Russian swatch, which comes from hooking the stitch two rows below. No matter how tightly I pulled my dc stitch I wasn't able to make it quite as prominent as theirs was.
    Hi, May I suggest using a Half double crochet instead of a regular double crochet? It would pull your stitch up closer with more patterning.
    Last edited by kitty jean; 08-21-2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: spelling, sorry!

  14. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Red face Great Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by kitty jean View Post
    Hi, May I suggest using a Half double crochet instead of a regular double crochet? It would pull your stitch up closer with more patterning.
    I'll try that. Thanks!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in