Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

A little background ....

True confession time .... I do not know how to Crochet. I've tried to learn several times, and have to say that I am a master of single crochet. This is probably a good thing, however, in that if I knew how to crochet, I would never have the time to work these vintage patterns. (Which I spend 3-4 hours a day).

I fell into this business by accident when I was looking for a way to fund my Grandgirl's 529 College Plan. I found the secretarial background in me liked the function ... researching, scanning, picture enhancement, formating, document conversion, proofreading, etc. etc. etc. And thus, the pattern shop started (and continues to grow).

As I went along, I found there was a bit of a researcher in me as well. I found I wanted to know more about the background of the patterns, and the history of the companies, and there, the pattern shop started becoming more ... a collection and semi-obsession ... an ongoing relationship.

At this point, I have over 3500 patterns in the shop, and try to add 2-3 more each day. I find, on average, it takes an 1 1/2 hours (start to finish) to get a pattern into the shop. It is a commitment. I do not typically pick and select what I put into the shop. As long as it means the requirements of public domain, I process the pattern. After all, who am I to decide what you might be interested in. AND, each pattern is a piece of our past that deserves preservation.

As we go along, I'll share here in this thread, bits and pieces, of what I learn and collect. And, should you be looking for a vintage pattern, I hope you'll give a look in my shop.

Lorrie
    Preserving History One Pattern at a Time
    Vintage Knit Crochet Pattern Shop

Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome how this all worked out for you. I just happened to stumble on to this. Very interesting