Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Been a Long Time

It has really been a long time! As a matter of fact, it's been over seven months since I posted. Wow, how time flies! No, I didn't fall off the edge of the earth; I am still living with and taking care of my mom. I did have a terrible case of "lost cro-jo", though, and this is why you haven't heard from me.

If you recall from some previous posts, I was in the process of creating stuffed animals for my sister's grandchildren. All of them had been done except Riley's dragon, which was the most complicated and detailed. You will be glad to know that he is finally done and is safely in my sister's hands for Christmas gift-giving. You have no idea how relieved I am. I was beginning to have nightmares about giving these stuffed animals to college-age kids, and although they are a little bit older than what I was planning (the gifts were supposed to be given at Easter), none of the children have officially hit puberty yet. (All right - maybe one. But he was tall to begin with.)
    So here they are (horn tooting) - the long awaited grandchildren's stuffed animals!

It's Been a Long Time-20191222_135121-2-jpg
    Emily's Ballerina Bunny, bunny pattern here; bow pattern here

It's Been a Long Time-black-cat-3-jpg
    Sophie's Black Cat, pattern here

It's Been a Long Time-20190906_185819-copy-jpg
    Lorelai's Toy Owl, pattern here

It's Been a Long Time-20201209_105633-jpg
    Abbie's German Shepard Puppy, pattern here

It's Been a Long Time-20200304_125018ab-jpg
    Paden's Fiery Dragon, pattern here

It's Been a Long Time-20201209_113533-copy-jpg
    Riley's Magnificent Dragon, pattern here

A little side note about Riley's dragon - the original design was meant to go over a sphere-shaped lamp. I just wanted the dragon to be placed on a table or shelf, so there were adjustments to the pattern that I had to do. Just FYI, in case anyone is daring enough to be up for the challenge of making this behemoth!

As always - stay safe, stay well, and happy crocheting!

2. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've been busy!! The ballerina bunny is cute and the dog looks life like, like a real dog. How did you do the dog's nose? The black cat is cute too. The owl is cute but it looks like a lot of work. Both dragons are realistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nova 55,

Oh my what wonderful gifts these children will receive. Each one is so real looking.
    I would never attempt that dragon. I understand it took you some time but you did it Yea!

Stay safe and warm.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie! The dog's nose is plastic and I bought it from CR Crafts. They carry a lot of supplies for dolls and bears, and you can find a pretty good selection of eyes and noses. They are also willing to ship small quantities, which many places won't do anymore. The owl was a lot of work because the designer has you make all the feathers separately, then sew each one of them on. The German Shepard's markings on the face were done with a fabric paint pen.

6. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Spoula! You know how I dragged my feet on Riley's dragon, and if it wasn't that everyone else's animal was done, I doubt I would have finished it. I won't say that I'll abandon amigurumi, but I really think I need a break. I do have my eye on an absolutely adorable elf at Love Crafts called Miss Elfi, but I think she'll have to wait a bit.

8. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nova55, I like Miss Elfi she is so cute and I know my little granddaughter would love her but I don't know how to do those kinds of toys. I guess if there is a pattern I could try, By the time I get it made she would be a grownup. I really like your work and love to see all the things you make.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula - Now this is just my opinion, but I really think since you are capable of LOOKING at an item and figuring out the pattern to be able to make it yourself, you would certainly be able to follow a pattern for a softie/amigurumi. Granted, Miss Elfi is a bit more complicated than average, so maybe you wouldn't want to start with her. But something like this simple Cuddle Me Bear would not be too difficult for you. I'm sure you have some spare yarn to give it a shot.

And BTW, I love seeing your things too!

11. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi NOva55, You are kind in your opinion of me thanks for the compliment. I looked at the link for Miss Elfi that you posted. I would like to try it I like a challenge. Only I saw that it is a free pattern but you have to give your email address and password and I don't like to do that online.

I could look at it and see if I can figure it out but it might come out deranged and not cute. Ha

Spoula

13. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's true, they are free patterns but you do have to create an account with them to get the patterns. Can't blame you for not wanting to do that. I have three typewritten pages of places I've set up accounts with. It really gets tedious!

15. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love these!!!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

17. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post