Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

I Know I Promised

Yes, I said I was going to post once a month. I also realize I blew it for March. However, on March 15th (beware, right?) my mother and I both came down with the coronavirus. We haven't been tested, so I can't be absolutely positive, but I'm pretty sure. Luckily it was fairly mild for both of us, although my mom still needs a little more recoup time. My heart goes out to all of you who have had this horrible virus, and especially to those who have lost someone to it. Plus a HUGE THANK YOU to all the healthcare workers, front line people, and everyone who work to keep society's necessities available and stocked.

There is so much talk about people going stir crazy dealing with the "stay at home" order. It must be very difficult for people who don't have an inside hobby, or at least something they can do within the vicinity of the house. I have never been so glad that I have crochet! From what I've seen online, many others feel the same way. So many WIPs, and now the time!

I'm still working on the amigurumis for my sister's grandchildren, and I've finished Paden's dragon. (Actually, it was supposed to be Riley's, but I feel it's a little too delicate for him, so his big brother is going to get it.) The pattern is from Megan Lapp of Crafty Intentions, and I would consider this to be for experienced crocheters well versed in amigurumi. I'm very happy with how mine turned out, but there were some parts that I found difficult. Maybe that's because I'm not that experienced with amigurumi!

I Know I Promised-20200304_125018-jpg
    Eventually to be Paden's Dragon

Earlier this year my niece posted a pic of a crocheted Baby Yoda and stated that she NEEDED one. Yes, NEEDED. She is a married woman in her forties with a lovely little girl. I LOVE IT! But alas, many patterns for Baby Yoda had to be deleted due to copyright infringements. Eventually I did find one and it is still available from Albina of AmigoRoom Toys. Perhaps I'm very picky, but many of the patterns I saw were not very professional looking. Albina's version is very cute and quintessential amigurumi. But I couldn't help but fiddle with it.

I Know I Promised-20200406_163303-jpg
    My Version of Baby Yoda

And fiddle I did. I wasn't happy with the first one, so I had to make a second. Then I wasn't happy with the height or collar, so today I took it apart, made adjustments, and put it back together. Now I'm happy. Oh, what we do for the love of crochet!

If you recall, all of these amigurumi were supposed to be done for Easter. The grandchildren are not aware that I'm making anything for them, so not making the deadline is no big deal for those. However, it was my niece's husband that commissioned me to do Yoda and I promised him an Easter delivery. So it's off to the post office and keep my fingers crossed it gets there in time!

To all - please take care and don't get sick. But most of all, happy crocheting!

2. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nova55,

You have out done yourself on these crotchet items. The dragon is beautiful and the colors are lovely.

Baby Yoda's eyes look just like the real toy he is adorable.

Stay safe and take care,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much! I am finally happy with the yoda, but was definitely a journey. Now I know why so many of the patterns aren't very good - this little bugger was tough! Just a little bit off on the face or height and he just doesn't come off right. If you compare him to the pic of the first one I sent you, I think you can see why I kept fiddling with him.

5. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you're feeling better. Good job on your crocheting! Yoda is cute.

7. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post