Another post in my "spotlight on designers" series, I'd like to introduce you to MJ Carlos, a self-taught crochet designer of adorable amigurumi and curator of the Hello Yellow Yarn shop. She lives with her husband and two children in Australia, and if you are not familiar with her work, you should give yourself a little cuteness fix and visit her website or store.

Hello Yellow Yarn-chick-bunny-ab-jpg
Two of Hello Yellow Yarn's free patterns available here

Her designs have a irresistible innocent simplicity to them, and I'm sure they would be very appropriate for the budding amigurumi crocheter. Obviously I'm not the only one who appreciates MJ's work - her designs have been published in several books including two of the Zoomigurumi series. She offers free patterns on her website as well as very attractively priced patterns in her store (most under $3!).

I am only allowed to publish one of MJ's photos on my blog (according to her copyright rules), so in keeping with upcoming holidays, I chose her Easter buddies. But really, if you're interested in creating amigurumi at all, do yourself a favor and take a peek at the rest of her creations. And, as always, happy crocheting!

PS - Just so you're aware, I do not get paid for any of my posts, nor is there any bartering or "quid pro quo" arrangement for my posts. These are all my opinions, and I publish them to spread a little crocheting delight into the world. Because - CROCHET!