Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Waves Crochet Stitch

I've been trying to get myself out of the "blahs" lately, plus trying to get myself a bit more organized. So I came up with a plan to try to categorize my posts. You see, I don't always have something new on the hook every week to show you - sometimes my best might be once a month! However, I'd prefer you not get bored and drop me altogether, so I've come up with categories of posts to find fresh material that will keep you interested. Sounds good anyway, doesn't it?

One of these categories will be crochet stitches. Most of us crocheters like discovering new stitches, and even though I'll do my best to find "new" ones, my main goal is to spotlight interesting textures from lace to bulky. My latest find is the Crystal Wave stitch. It is a really simple stitch but creates a beautiful texture, and I'm currently using it to make a baby blanket designed by Crochet for Baby (you can find the free pattern here). Below are some examples of the stitch -

Crystal Waves Crochet Stitch-crystal-waves-1-jpg
    Crystal Waves Baby Blanket by Crochet For Baby

Crystal Waves Crochet Stitch-crystal-waves-2-jpg
    Crystal Wave stitch blanket by Crafting4You, here

Crystal Waves Crochet Stitch-crystal-waves-3-jpg
    Found on Pinterest here, no identity given

Crochet for Baby has a video of how to do the stitch plus an extra video on how to do the last row of single crochets here. If you do a google search, I'm sure you'll find many more tutorials on this wonderfully textured stitch - Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images Crystal Waves Crochet Stitch-crystal-waves-blanket-2-jpg 
    Last edited by Nova55; 02-03-2019 at 04:50 PM. Reason: To delete last picture.

2. Thanks spoula thanked for this post