Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

It's About Time!

I've been a little sluggish with my crocheting lately (and my posts!). I needed to take some pics too, and of course "sunny" California decided to be grey and drizzly for the past few days. However - TA DA - I have a few new things to show you. One item isn't totally new, but I've finally completed it and have the pattern available now in my store, which you can find here. This is the afghan I mentioned in an earlier post, and I've named it Aqua Dreams. The Caron Simply Soft yarn is so pretty and the sheen is really nice. I was very angry at myself for making my traditional mistake of crocheting the beginning rows loose and tightening my tension as I go along - yes, I did it again - but I was able to work it all out with the single crochet/crab stitch border, so everything is fine now. And I am very proud of myself for using up an additional 10+ skeins of my stash!

It's About Time!-img_0938-copyabc-jpg
    Aqua Dreams Afghan

I was so happy with the way the Caron yarn looked that I decided to make another item with it - a long cowl with a lacy edging that you can double loop for added warmth. That's still on the blocking mat, so you'll get to see it in my next post. I've also finished my version of the Metro Kerchief by Yuliya Tkacheva. I didn't design these two items, so they'll be going in my store as 'products for sale', a new category I'll be adding shortly. I've also designed a scarf/shawlette, I'm working on a summer cowl, and I've finished my mom's Mother's Day present, but I'll have more on those later. By George, i think I'm out of my slump!

It's About Time!-img_0924a-jpg
    My version of the Metro Kerchief

Till next time, happy crocheting!

2. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi NOva55, You out did yourself. I love both of your pictures. I wish I could take good pictures. Your blanket is adorable.
    I am making a checkered baby blanket and it is not as pretty as the blanket you posted.

I had to laugh at your post about crocheting loose then tight. I start out tight and get loose. My straight blanket started looking like a boomerang. I pulled it out and started over again and it looks better now.

Can't wait to see all your other things.
    Spoula

4. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice job I like the colors.

6. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! As for my pics, I have had to read several articles on how to take good ones. Outside light is best, a decent camera works wonders (I have a Cannon PC2054, not expensive but so much better than the average phone camera), and a photo editor can help a LOT - I use https://www.befunky.com/create/ - it's free so far. I used to use PicMonkey, but they want you to pay now (after a 7 day free trial). I have Paint program on my computer to do detailed corrections and to crop; I use the photo editor to sharpen focus and lighten/darken a photo as well as frame and put on the name, but it can do so much more! The photo editor is really indispensable.

And yes, after all this time crocheting I still make silly mistakes!!!