Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Needing help!

Post Thanks / Like

Needing help!

Needing help!

I saw this afghan and thought it would make a beautiful Christmas Tree Skirt in red, white and green. Problem is I can't figure out how to make the loops crocheted on top of square! Anyone have any idea?
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!

2. Likes ndlnut liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found a couple of stars at these websites, not the one you are looking for but pretty none the less Pinwheel star granny square- crochet pattern
    Xmas Star

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are very pretty!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they chained up a certain amount of chains then did a slip stitch and the next row did they same from then on but the 2nd one and then after that they went in between them to inter lock them so they would stay together--something like a braid design going on there? Looks like you would make the square first then do the braid things last?!
    Crochet Chickadee

6. Likes ndlnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by libertylady64 View Post
    Looks like they chained up a certain amount of chains then did a slip stitch and the next row did they same from then on but the 2nd one and then after that they went in between them to inter lock them so they would stay together--something like a braid design going on there? Looks like you would make the square first then do the braid things last?!
    That is what I attempted but for some reason the brain and hands aren't working together!

Post Thanks / Like
    if you find it let me know. You could try googling for granny squares, maybe you will find it. Bad thing is now you got me curious. My friend is right I am part cat. lol.
    I am not too weird; everyone else is just too normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I googled it and someone said this:

"To make the loop you crochet a chain between loops, then on the row above you chain for the next loop in the middle of the chain and continue on. Example: double crochet so many stitches, chain so many stitches, double crochet so many stitches. Next row: double crochet to loop , chain into the loop, then continue on. Hope I explained it where you can understand."

Dunno if that makes any sense to you. It sure doesn't to me lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I must have missed this post yes I do know how to do this the loops not the entire square the loops are made by chaining 8 and then continuing with you square after you have 2 rows done then you can get the loops to work by taking the top chain and bring in though the center of the bottom chain as you build your square you can add more loops hope this helps
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

11. Likes billieconrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It also looks like the stich they call the crab stich and that is where you start on the left and work to your right with a whip stich hope this might help that is the stich I had to use on the snowman blanket I just did and posted on here but it is a pretty Afghan Thanks wenda

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!got some good ideas, but I have already finished the block... am having to try to figure out how to do it afterward. I think I might have an idea on how to do it!