Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: October Vest

Post Thanks / Like

October Vest

October Vest-img_0573-jpgOctober Vest-img_0575-jpgOctober Vest-img_0566-jpg Okay, I thought this was going to post in the order I placed the pictures but no. So, the vest was supposed to look like the professional picture, not so much! The picture of the vest laying down is the first version before I frogged it back to the front and back 2 pieces. I had put the back on upside down and I had done all the edging except the bottom before I saw the error. Nobody would probably see it but I knew that I wouldn't wear it much if I was not happy with it. So I frogged and the first time I did my own edging since I know better than the pattern writer, right? Uh, no! So the second time I did it exactly as the pattern said and I like it better. However, it is really big and I don't have any idea why the shoulders are so much bigger than the pattern. The gauge was correct and the number of stitches was right so I'm guessing that I messed up somewhere. I will wear it and maybe I will loose so much weight that it will be donated to someone else. I can dream, right? Sorry about the picture quality I live alone and have to use a mirror to see it on me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, it looks nice on you, and I really like the stitch pattern. The shoulders are a little bit wide, but that is the style these days, and I think it looks great.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

3. Likes Carynjoyb, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I'll wear it proudly when I can. I don't know where the shoulders went wrong but I am not pulling it apart again.

5. Likes Carynjoyb, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it looks really nice. I have yet to try crocheting sweaters or vests, but that is on my "to do" list. Hugs
    Dinah

7. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a wonderful vest!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

9. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks great Faye!! I like the stitch pattern.
    Crochet Chickadee

11. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it was an easy stitch dc, ch 1, dc and then 3 dc alternating.

13. Likes Carynjoyb, N/A, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that your est came out great. I've been wanting to make some sort of top for me to wear, but haven't found one that's either easy enough or that I like. I like this one very much. As far as the pattern , sometimes they aren't written to the T, so if yours came out a bit different, it's ok. It looks like you made a perfect vest.

Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    October Vest-img_0573-jpgOctober Vest-img_0575-jpgOctober Vest-img_0566-jpg Okay, I thought this was going to post in the order I placed the pictures but no. So, the vest was supposed to look like the professional picture, not so much! The picture of the vest laying down is the first version before I frogged it back to the front and back 2 pieces. I had put the back on upside down and I had done all the edging except the bottom before I saw the error. Nobody would probably see it but I knew that I wouldn't wear it much if I was not happy with it. So I frogged and the first time I did my own edging since I know better than the pattern writer, right? Uh, no! So the second time I did it exactly as the pattern said and I like it better. However, it is really big and I don't have any idea why the shoulders are so much bigger than the pattern. The gauge was correct and the number of stitches was right so I'm guessing that I messed up somewhere. I will wear it and maybe I will loose so much weight that it will be donated to someone else. I can dream, right? Sorry about the picture quality I live alone and have to use a mirror to see it on me.
    Last edited by Carynjoyb; 10-02-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like it! Love the pattern stitch. Do you want to make another one for me??? LOL
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good Faye. Really like that stitch.

17. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post